Okay, ladies and assholes... Your boy taeb31 is back and y’all already know what time it is. We
got semester 4 on deck, we got some more fantastic adventures ahead of us and
lots of shit to talk. It’s back
to me and all my 3 readers and we gonna make it count this time around. I’m all relaxed, tanned, recharged with
positive energy, and ready to spread positive vibes everywhere I fucking go. So
brace yourselves, here we go!
I have to start with huuuge shout out to all the people I
met during my 30 days Indonesian travels. The whole thing was absolutely
stunning, I spent pretty much all the time with locals in Java, couchsurfing
the shit out of the place and I’m still
overwhelmed with the amount of friendliness, generosity and general coolness of
pretty much everyone I had a pleasure to meet. Amazing nature, amazing beaches,
amazing mountains, volcanos, long ass scooter rides, getting high as a kite and
drunk as a skunk, traveling by boats, buses, small cute planes, eating shit ton
of tempeh, tofu, gado gado, durian and all the absolutely gorgeous fruits that
cost peanuts. I actually gained some weight over there...I ended up at a Muslim
celebration, in a arts/crafts school, on small boats with couple of children
riding from school, I ended up on an island all by myself... And I did like 15256364 selfies with people, as a tall, tatted up motherfucker is quite a rare breed in the areas I moved around... Honestly... Too
much awesomeness to process...
So yeah! Shout out to Dave, Ben, Endah, John, Teddy, Meyhesa
and last but not least Theresa and Florian! And all the other beautiful people
I met only briefly but still made a mark on what I can easily call one of my
best trips ever... I’m
really impressed by everything I saw and experienced and there’s a good chance Indonesia is gonna be
my next destination once my Chinese thing is over... It’s all love!
Okay, now when I got all the hippie tree hugging shit off my
chest, let’s get back to what’s new in the great city of Shanghai.
Not much really, since I arrived today (February 28th) like 2 a.m.
Now, there’s one night bus line coming
from Pudong airport but it apparently goes only like once in a century or some
shit... Anyways, I was dedicated to wait it out and take that shit back home...
In the small crowd of Chinese, there were couple of hustlers offering car rides
downtown... The funny thing is, they actually offer very reasonable prices
which is something I didn’t
realize when one of them approached me for the first time. He said he can get
me to my place for like 150 and then lowered it to 100. I didn’t really pay him no mind as he had
this “I’m gonna rip you off as a motherfucker” aura going on. I realized how
acceptable the deal was when I was waiting for the fucking bus for like 30
minutes and it was like 3:30. When he got back with a 50 RMB offer I was sold.
Fast night ride all the way to my building. I mean... The guy got 4 other people
in the car but trying so hard to earn so little... That deserves some acknowledgement.
I got home around 5, slept for 4 hours and then started my
run around Shanghai. Stopped by at my agency to pay rent for March, took a bus
to my campus to do registration for the new semester, met up with my
supervisor, ran into some classmates and also paid a visit to the office
responsible for approving trips to international conferences as I’m heading to Oklahoma tomorrow for
that fucking thing... And I was hit with some serious China right away. They
still cannot say for sure if I’m
getting reimbursed for everything I spent out of my pocket for it. But as
Shanghai made me a Zen master, I just sweat it out with some free weights and
bench press and got my ass back downtown. As the superman I am, I even managed
to get a haircut so I don’t look
like a castaway anymore. Well, I kinda do with all the tan but I look little
fresher.
I’m
meeting the gang this evening to get some cold ones in Papa’s and to do some serious hugging
since we have not done that in weeks. And tomorrow I’m on my way to the airport again. And god help me with
that.... If I survive this top tier academic thing, I’m gonna Czech back in next week.
Highlights:
- INDONESIA!!!!!!!!!
- INDONESIA!!!!!!!!!
- INDONESIA!!!!!!!!!






























































No comments:
Post a Comment