Sunday, January 28, 2018

Semester 3 Chapter XXI: I Don’t Even Know Anymore...



Okay, lotta shit happened the last week. I had incredible amount of time consuming things to take care of, my paper for this Oklahoma conference being on top of the list. I manage to finish it its still far from what I would consider a solid contribution but its something. And after some struggling with my uni, I sorta got a greenlight on the travel. At this point, all the expenses come from my pocket but I should get reimbursed afterwards. And I sure do hope I will, cause getting to fucking Oklahoma turns out to be a very pricey. Everything about it tickets, conference fee, ESTA, accommodation. Im on 1000+ bucks now. I still cant believe this is really happening.


Due to all of that shit, my social life got sidetracked tho. I got outside for a bit on Tuesday and I went to my vegan friends place on Friday. She's of Armenian descent and she invited some of her peers to introduce their version of Valentines day. It has nothing to do with the actual Valentines day but its also a love thing and its actually pretty cute. On January 26th evening, they bake these cookies and they add shitload of salt into them. So they are not really good. However, the point is, you eat some of those and after that you dont drink anymore. The salt makes you all thirsty and you just go to sleep like that. And in your dreams, the person who either offers you water or leads you to a water source is your future spouse. The whole thing was also kind of a potluck so everybody brought some vegan food and man... One great thing about veganism is, people actually care about and enjoy food a lot. Like proper, homemade food.  There were lots of great dishes, salads, sweet potatoes brownies, homemade chocolate... And even my mix of grains and veggies was a success. Overall a great night. Unfortunately, I either didnt dream about anyone leading to me to a water source or I just dont remember. Oh well...


Yesterday morning, I rode to the Czech consulate to throw in my vote for the second round of presidential election. With the same lack of enthusiasm as two weeks ago. In the evening, I met with the gang at Papas. We had our last beers this semester since this evening Im heading to the airport, leaving another part of my Chinese life behind. It was all good and I got home around 2am...
Oh, and the winter has kicked right back in. And I mean real winter. Snow everywhere, cold as a motherfucker. Shanghai has not seen snow like this in about 10 years and it was quite entertaining watching all the kids outside building snowmen and shit... For lots of them, this was the first snow they've ever experienced. The white blanket on rooftops and streets didnt last for long but it was there. On one hand, it was nice to witness that, on the other it makes me wanna go to Indonesia even more. I really need some warmth...


Oh yeah, and the election. Im not gonna spend much on that but our Czech version of Hillary vs. Trump ended up with Trump winning again. So fuck all yall who voted for him, fuck all yall anti-refugees, racist, homophobic, misogynist, insecure idiots. Fuck all the people who made you think any of this is okay and the people who pushed you into a situation where you feel like this attitude is the only suitable solution for these times when capitalism crashes down and we still trynna act like everythings gucci on this sinking ship. I feel bad for all of that... And Im not gonna rant no more about this, its just super depressing.


So there you have it. The semester 3 is over, Im leaving for Indonesia for a month and right after that, its Oklahoma for about a week. Shanghai Czech-In is gonna be on pause but Im gonna be right back in March with brand new content. Stay tuned! And thanks for following, reading, texting and all of that. Ive managed to keep this blog running for way longer than I expected and its cool to know that some people actually give a shit about it. 1 love!

Highlights:
  • Lil Wayne D6 Reloaded, Migos Culture II hell fucking yeah.
  • Riding a bike through a snowstorm that hasnt happened to me in a long long time.
  • Sweet potato brownies with vegan whip cream on top. That was just beautiful.

No comments:

Post a Comment