Mid-January is here and yesterday, the weather finally got
out of the worst. The jump was quite astonishing. For the most part, last week
really rough. When it’s
freezing, your AC really provides only survival heat, and you are cold all
the fucking time. Unless you spend lots of time in schools, libraries and
places that can afford to invest into more badass heating solutions. You can
also fight it with physical activity but let me tell you... doing pull-up when
it’s like negative 2 degrees outside is really
something. I definitely recommend that shit tho...
What else we got. Me and my classmate work on this paper
together. It’s about the recent Iranian
protests and this time around, we might actually have some coders and resources
to make it legit. So even though my coursework is done, I’m still either at the community
center or the uni library almost daily trying to progress a little. I guess it’s only right given the fact that my 1
month holiday is approaching.
When it comes to social shit... Last Tuesday, me and my Macedonian guy hit Papa’s for some beers and also to complete the very last paper that was left for me to submit this semester. Since it was a group project, we kinda had to do that together. And we succeeded.
When it comes to social shit... Last Tuesday, me and my Macedonian guy hit Papa’s for some beers and also to complete the very last paper that was left for me to submit this semester. Since it was a group project, we kinda had to do that together. And we succeeded.
On Friday, I went to the Czech consulate for the second
time ever. This time to vote in the presidential election that was on Friday and Saturday.
It sucks tho. For those who are not informed, we have a real prick in the
office now. He’s everything you expect a
successful 2018 politician to be. Constantly drunk, funded by controversial
businessmen and god knows who else, heavily Russia infulenced... Attacking
women, homosexuals, disabled children, vegetarians, minorities, refugees...
Pushing all the “fuck political correctness” agenda.... With half of the nation
desperate enough to applaud him for it... That’s not the worst thing tho...
The real tragedy is that among 9 white men (yes, no women or anything out of
ordinary there), there’s
nobody that pushes shit that’s
really important to me. Social justice, anti-capitalism, multi-cultural
perspectives, pro-refugees, gender equality etc. I mean they might mention it
here and there but given the representative nature of the Czech presidential
institution, I really need someone like Sanders or Corbyn to feel aight about it. This time, I just gave my fucking vote to the guy who has the biggest
chance of actually beating the current motherfucker. Lesser of two evils. Trump
vs. Hillary – Czech remix. Now, we do have
a 2-round system and since the current turd didn’t get over 50%, there’s gonna
be a round two. With the guy, I voted for. It’s not
that important I guess, but I would really appreciate getting that arrogant piece of shit out of the public scope. Well, I’m gonna go the consulate again in two weeks with the
same lack of enthusiasm to vote for nothing. Cause nothing is better that whatever
we have now. I had to treat myself with an exhibition at Gallery Dumontell at Hengshan Road (Gaston Suisse) on the way back, and a vegan hotpot with a friend of mine in
the evening... You know... To feel better about the whole mess...
On Saturday, I went to Hu Café to
catch up with a friend I haven’t seen
in a while and to get some happy muffins from her. It was some kinda super
basic party and I didn’t
really enjoy it but we got to talk briefly and I managed to turn my night into
this trippy, blurred, beautiful mess with music blasting out my headphones. So
it was a win...
And yesterday evening, we hit Papa’s again to warm up before Dada for a Sega Bodega set. Papa’s beer was great, Dada was amazing. There
were those Genome guys supporting, there were insane sets, there was live
performance. Even though the club wasn’t
packed (it was Sunday after all), there was enough people to make it feel like
a party. They planned the whole thing quite early so by 2am, I was back home.
And when I woke up this morning, the weather was like the
best surprise ever. All sunny, temperature around 10... The run and outdoor
workout was fucking awesome. Had the spring feeling.... I do hope this shit’ll last till I’m on my way to Jakarta.
Highlights:
- OFO bike ride from Dada back home. It might sound like nothing but that would be impossible couple of days ago due to the weather. Yesterday, it was a go.
- New Young Chop album. Or mixtape. Or whatever the shit is. Particularly the I Need a Break record with PARTYNEXTDOOR and Chief Keef. Fuckin’ DOPE.
- 1 hour in a bank waiting to exchange some money. Since there’s this awesome daily limit of 500 USD, I’m gonna have the pleasure of doing that shit once or twice over throughout the following couple of days. Yay!










No comments:
Post a Comment