Monday, March 19, 2018

Semester 4 Chapter IV: Hong Kong Vibes


So my Oklahoma reimbursement thing is turning out to be a complete nightmare. Ill be happy if I  get like 50% of that shit because Chinese bureaucracy... Fuck that. I was trying to deal with that last Monday and Tuesday but the theres really nothing I can do about that. The machine is just way to illogical and massive to be conquered. Ill just wait and hope for the best...


Anyways, I managed to do this Hong Kong trip for about 3 days and it was really good. The city itself is totally incredible. So many skyscrapers... Unlike Shanghai, Hong Kong is not flat at all which gives it a completely different vibe, and since its surrounded by hills and mountains, its really not a problem to spend like an hour on public transport and find yourself in the middle of nature... So yeah, there were beers, there were walks, there were hikes, there was this tram ride to the Peak, visit of Kowloon Walled City Memorial... There was lots of great stuff... I really enjoyed this local veggie place in Central close to where I stayed and the black burger at Veggi Monster... God damn. Gotta say tho... Hong Kong is expensive as hell... Shanghai isnt exactly the cheapest place on Earth, but it has nothing on Hong Kong. Im talking 12 EUR beers, 10 EUR meals... And Ive been told that housing cost is just totally fucking insane.... On the other hand, the fact its so English friendly makes it super easy to navigate through... Overall a pretty good experience, and since one of my friends has just moved there, theres a good change I might repeat the trip sometime soon.


When I got back to Shanghai Friday afternoon, I got hit with winter bullshit again. The temperature dropped back to like 5 degrees which was a huge disappointment. According to the forecast, we should get back to 20 this Friday so you know... fingers fucking crossed. In the evening, I went for some beers to Papas.... However, this time we decided to switch it up and after like two cold ones, we went to try out this My Place joint which is also super close to my apartment. Large tap beer for 30 RMB, free pool table, some international people, good music... Definitely another option for future hangouts... Oh, and I was killing it at the pool... Like straight up beating asses...


I had lots to do over weekend but I managed to chill a little bit too. I feel quite refreshed and this week, I really wanna figure out my dissertation proposal... So more library, more reading, more responsibility, more fun... Once Im done with this, Im gonna slow down on everything...




Highlights:

  • XXXTENTACION - ?, Rich Homie Quan Rich As In Spirit.
  • Waiting in line for an hour to get to the fucking Peak Tram in HK. Never doing this shit again ever. The view was kinda worth it tho...
  • Almost no internet censorship in HK. Sometimes I really miss that.

No comments:

Post a Comment