Okay, so last week, I managed to do some detoxing... I did
couple of super anti-social evenings, just staying home, catching up to all the
online content that had emerged when my bro was here. You know the feeling,
right? You go off your subscribed channels, music blogs and all for like a week
or so, and when you get back, you feel, there’s like
50 hours of content for you to catch up with. So that’s what I tried to do. And god damn it, there’s a lotta shit going on... Pusha,
Drake, Kanye...
Anyways, I managed to get out there a bit too. Some chilled
hangouts in all warm and summerish Shanghai, some cultural events. Last
Wednesday, I went to check the new Solo movie... It’s aight. Heard pretty negative shit about it but sometimes
I really don’t know what people expect
from such flicks. I mean come on... It’s Star
Wars... It’s supposed to be a well-crafted
blockbuster. Which is exactly what it is... And the way Donald Glvoer is winning these days... Big fucking up! After that me and my bro proceeded
to Windows Scoreboard for some drinks, some pool and shit... His gf had family
in town so we met up with them... It was all good but I was tired as shit so I
wrapped it up pretty early...
The next day, I met up with my biking partner for this
Shanghai Literary Review event called Lost in Translation. They did it at this
new area called Columbia Circle. Located at West Yan’an Road, it provides space for a number of mostly high-end
cafés and restaurants. One of them is
named Parlour, and that’s when
it went down. The concept is as follows: once in a while they announce a call
for stories on a certain topic and if you feel funny or interesting enough, you
can submit yours. If they pick you, you may end up being either published on
their platform or invited to share it during an open mic session. During this
event, there were like 8 people sharing their stories, 4 of which were really good,
there were some drinks included in the ticket price... It was fun. After that,
we hopped on bikes and rode all the way to the bund to meet with the gang and
the some of the people from the previous night at Windows.
It’s quite
hard to believe but up until that point, I haven’t
really drunk on the Bund. I mean, I had a beer or two over there but not like
spending the whole evening or anything like that. I wasn’t even sure you can actually just straight up drink
bottled beer on the boardwalk. And when a cop approached us in like 10 minutes
after our arrival (around 11pm), I thought it’s a
done deal. Surprisingly, he didn’t give
a shit about us drinking or being loud, he just didn’t like the fact we brought our bikes up there. So we went
to park them elsewhere and carried on. By the time we arrived,
the projections on the skyscrapers went off so the skyline got all dark... The
atmosphere was awesome... We ended up sticking around till like 2am...
Outside of that, I had shitton of responsibilities to cover
last week but I survived them all... I also went to my agency to pay my
last rent this semester. Got about 4 more weeks to go at the moment...
Highlights:
- Aight, Zaytoven’s new album, new Pusha and also new fucking Kanye. That asshole delivered again. I just can’t...
- Drake X Pusha beef. Haven’t seen something like that in a while...
- Weather. It’s all beautiful here, outdoor workouts are awesome, outdoor nighttime hangouts are awesome. Summer is the shit.





No comments:
Post a Comment