Monday, June 11, 2018

Semester 4 Chapter XIV: Lost & Found


Believe it or not, I actually could not wait to get to this blog. Last week was quite eventful but there was one highlight Im gonna get to in a minute. Outside of that, I went out with my favorite peers, discovered a new beer spot at Dingxi Lu, played some pool at My Place and went for a vegan potluck at my friends place on Friday. Havent been to one for a while and I kinda missed that. Again, lots of great food, salads, raw cakes, fruits. One thing I know for sure, Im gonna die vegan...


And then there was Saturday. Fucking Saturday. In the evening, I met with my biking partner whos on Ramadan these days, so we went straight to the peanut sauce noodle place to fuel her up after a day of fasting. Then we carried on to the arcades when we met with my favorite girls from Montenegro and went kinda crazy on those gaming machines for about two hours. It was their first time and they loved it. As expected. Awesome evening.


Now, here comes the fun part. So we leave arcades just to find out my bike is fucking gone. My Forever light blue bike I got almost two years ago and used it pretty much every day ever since. My friends bike was still there, mine was nowhere to be found. I canvased the area a bit to make sure somebody had not moved it, but no luck there. Since I dont usually communicate with police unless I necessarily have to, I didnt even think of calling them and reporting it. Dont get me wrong, I love that bike... On the other hand, it was not that expensive and I can afford getting a new one... But the girls seemed not to accept the situation so we ended up talking to this traffic cop standing nearby who advised us to call 110 local equivalent of 112. So we called them and reported the shit. There was even an English operator available. They told us to wait there for a bit as a car is on its way. So we grabbed some beers at a Family Mart around the corner and waited. And a pretty big, shiny police car indeed arrived in like 5 minutes. After providing some basic info, they asked me to go to the station to do the full report. My biking partner offered to accompany me which I gladly accepted as, unlike me, she speaks some Chinese. At that point I did not really expect to see my bike ever again so I just took it easy, went with the flow and enjoyed the bizarreness of the situation.


I hopped in the cop car (my first ride in a cop car ever) with a beer in my hand and got taken to the station at Yanan Road. I kinda expected them to ask me to leave my fucking beer outside but nah... I got all the way to the counter, still drinking my Tsingtao. The cops were all friendly, took all the info they needed and told me that they gonna keep in touch in case theres any development. Which translates as no way José”. Again, I wasnt happy about the situation but I wasnt outraged neither. And the whole thing was way too random for me not to dig it. After that, we walked back to arcades to pick my friends bike and then continued to my neighborhood where the girls were having a drink at some bar. And then in happened... After like 1 minute of walk, I noticed my bike... Somebody just moved it like 50 meters. No idea why, no idea who, no idea what the goal was. I mean it was way too far for someone to move it because it was in the way of anything... Whatever.... So I just took it, we grabbed some street food and celebrated the success in the bar. Fucking unbelievable... But yeah, my bike is fine, everything turned out good, its all gucci... Today, I even gave a call to the station to let them know not to search for it anymore. To make sure they wont jump me at some point. 


Other than that, everything is okay around here. Feels quite busy these days but Im at the finish line. In Europe, its gonna be nothing but the good stuff, tats, travels... Were getting there...


Highlights:

  • Future Superfly soundtrack. Great body of work.
  • Did some night skating around Shanghai. God damn, its awesome.
  • Im back on my lyrics shit. Gearing up for some recording in the summer. That I really look forward to too...

No comments:

Post a Comment