Monday, November 12, 2018

Semester 5 Chapter X: Make it Rain


Whats good everybody, your boy t31 is back with some more adventures from the city of Shanghai. The very first installment of international import expo is over so I honestly hope that cops will stop asking me to get the fuck off my board while cruising round the town... Let's get things back to normal.


Last Wednesday, I paid a visit to Yuz Museum at the West Bund which marked my first visit over there. I know, ridiculous. There was this rain installation that was pretty surreal. You get to a dark room with this rain pouring from the ceiling. Now, when you enter the rainy area, you quickly find out that the rain avoids you. Its still raining everywhere else you and like half a meter around you are a dry zone tho - wherever you go. So you can hear the water, you can see the water, you can feel the water in the air, you just dont touch it in any way. Thats it. That and two strong spotlights making their way through it all. The experience is quite crazy. Taking something as natural as rain and totally flipping it into 100% artificial thing. After that, we went to Funkadeli and Parrot at Donghu Lu. And spent some mula on cocktails and beers. All good.


On Friday, our little gang met up for a KTV at this spot at Hutai Road. It was as bizarre as you wouldve expected. All polished, flashy, lotta neon lights and countless rooms with mics, comfy couches and flat screens. There was like 8 of us, we brought some alcohol (they apparently dont give a shit if you bring your own) and had some fun for couple of hours. I got reminded of my gaps in knowledge of 80s and 90s music. I mean those songs everyone seems to know I usually dont. But still... You got Pharrells, you got Kanyes there are some common denominators. Turned out to be a really entertaining evening.


The day after, two of my friends celebrated their bday. We started off at Papas Beer and after that moved to this party organized by Elevator guys (Elevator got apparently closed recently) at Jiangning Road. Some hard ass techno. Even though booze usually doesnt keep me up for long, I ended up having a pretty good time all the way up until 4am or something. Hadnt been clubbing for a while and I gotta say... Kinda missed that.


Outside of that, I started taking Chinese classes. On Friday, I took my first one at this training center in Xujiahui so fingers crossed. If Ill be able to have some basic small talk in couple of months, Ill be good. Lets hope my brain is capable of that. As a person who really enjoys to mumble while speaking, all these Chinese tones give me serious headache.


Highlights:

  • Dark pretty amazing German TV series.
  • On Saturday, I ended up in Anting town all the way down in Jiading which was the closest I got to village experience in Shanghai. Found this park with no security nor rules so I managed to read on the grass with no fucking people around... It sounds basic but you dont really get to experience that downtown...
  • Wayne released some bonus tracks to C5. Flames.

No comments:

Post a Comment