Monday, December 10, 2018

Semester 5 Chapter XIV: Ice Ice Baby


So the winter has finally come. It took its time, it seemed we might actually never get it just a while back, but here it is. Shanghai is officially cold, everyone relies on their AC units now, we even get a bit of snow here and there... Its fucked. My countdown to the Fiji trip has started.

 
Last week, I still had my friends spot and their animals in temporary custody. If I ever get a studio apartment in Shanghai, it would probably be for the sole reason of the possibility of fostering animals. I just like dogs and I enjoy having them around. I gotta give it up to the cat too.... Besides one broken mug, she behaved. None of my shit got destroyed or urinated on...


The thing that really fucks me up over here though, is the fucking rain. Not only its cold as shit (Im talking temperatures around zero), its usually also snowed or rained lately. So besides being cold like all the time, you are also wet. Which is obviously the best combo... This bullshit has been going on for like 3 days but I feel its been like 2 years. Please make it stop...


Outside of that, I was trying to work on my Chinese a bit (got myself a textbook which I try to open when I get to it), I watched Natural Born Killers with a friend after like forever, I checked out this exhibition by the mall at Changning Road (close to Zhongshan Park)... That was actually pretty cool... Projections all over the walls, rotating models of planets, some imaginary alien sceneries.... Oh, and Christmas is all over the place. Even though its not a Chinese thing, malls and shops kinda made it that... The magical time of the year when you can spend tons of money you dont have on shit nobody needs, while fucking up environment, killing tons of extra animals on top of those we already do, and supporting corporations enslaving people all over the world has arrived... Lets knock ourselves out! Jingle bells, jingle bells, motherfucker...


On Wednesday, I went to this spot at Wukang Road to grab a coffee and some snacks with a friend. Even though I pass the street couple of times a week, Ive visited only few joints over there. Its too international, overpriced and generic. And this experience only confirmed that...



On Friday, I took the dog out to my friends spot for a hangout, which was cool as usual... Over the week, I did some more hangouts with my favorite peers... I feel I gotta mention the Chinese delivery system. Its quite normal for people who are accustomed to the local lifestyle but for those who are not it is crazy efficient. I personally dont order delivery ever cause I either cook or just go eat out... But last week, I ended up in couple of situations that kinda called for doing just that. And man.... You order pizza and in 10 minutes you got a guy knocking on your door... I mean, it takes longer to make the fucking thing.... Same shit with burgers... In one of my previous posts, I mentioned how fast it was to get a phone I ordered online... For a person who really doesnt do that here (and trust me, Im probably the only one), its quite mesmerizing.


Yesterday, I met up with my flat mate from Switzerland whom I havent really spoken to much yet but since hes vegan too, we decided to go do a dinner at some point. And after like a month of postponing either by me or him, we made it happen. Hotpots at Jendow are still on point!


When it comes to my workouts, Im still on my shit. Running has become a bit more challenging due to the weather but Im still out there doing my laps. Cool thing is, most has given up at this point, so there's way less people doing exersices outside. Last week, it was Luwan stadium, now Im back in Jingan. Rides on the bike now require some massive gloves and a face mask but that shit is still on too... So yeah, new week is here, just got back from gym, made myself a pretty awesome lunch, got some Big K.R.I.T. bumping in my headphones and Im bout to go for a Chinese class in a bit... Peace yall!




Highlights:
  • New Gucci Mane. Yup!
  • Several bike rides in rain at like 2 degrees. If you havent tried it yet, dont.
  • Eminems new freestyle. Never thought Id say this, but please Marshall... Fucking retire. Its embarrassing.

No comments:

Post a Comment