Monday, December 3, 2018

Semester 5 Chapter XIII: Aged & V.E.G.A.N.


Aight motherfuckers, we're live again. This time, Im writing your favorite blog from an apartment of my Lithuanian friends with the two of their animals staring at me. They went for a vacay so Im housesitting here. Its an easy win-win the animals are taken care of and I get to enjoy their awesome apartment in the heart of French concession.


So a friend of mine who happens to live in the same compound as me started to work at this bar named Funka del Sur. The owner also runs this Funkadeli joint by Donghu Lu and both of these venues are pretty popular among expats. Last Thursday, our gang met up to show her some love on her first shift. The place is literally 2 minutes walk from my apartment and its pretty okay. I dont see it becoming my go to joint but I might drop by here and there to say hi. After that, I followed up for another meet up, and ended up at Found 158 at Julu Road. Havent been there in a minute... Im still not the biggest fan of the area but we had some decent wine. Overall a cool ass evening.


Last Friday, we had another vegan potluck at my vegan friends spot. I said it before but again... I fucking love these. I enjoy seeing all regulars and theres always some new peers popping up. There was this girl who runs a local vegan cakery brining in some of her stuff, there was veggie whip cream, some vegan mac and cheese, Indian curry... And even my potato salad with tofu and tons of veggies turned out to be a success. Shout out to all my veggie heads!


After that I went straight my current temporary home. We had some last drinks with my friends, they headed out to the airport and after that it was just me, the doggie and the cat. Im totally a dog person but I get along with both of them. Im just super careful with the cat. Shes pissed into my suitcase once before and she also enjoys to chewing on cables. So every time I leave the house, I make fucking sure theres nothing valuable for there to pee or on or be destroyed. Cats are insane...


On Saturday, I was super busy and when I made it home later in the evening, I decided to go for a run to this Luwan Stadium. Its the closest public stadium and I havent been there yet. Its quite similar to my regular Jingan Workers Stadium, but its a bit more high-end. Also free of charge, plus it has some basketball courts around, and it seems theres little more money invested over there. However, they do not have the regular set of bars... Its still a pretty good option for runners... 


On Sunday, I met up with my Monte Negro girls. First, we did a dinner at this local place nearby. Its one of those spots where they have loads of different raw veggies, tofu and meat on display, you pick whatever you feel like having, and they fix you a soup out of it. Tasty and cheap as hell. Spent like 13 kuai for a big ass meal. We spent the rest of the evening chatting and drinking a 10 years old Talisker which I got as a thanks for watching over the place.


I handed over another update of my paper on Friday as well and Im still going to my Chinese classes, still feeling retarded as shit every time I try to say something or when teachers talk to me naively hoping Id be able to follow any of that. Oh, and the weather. It is really nice and warm here - it's kinda crazy but we're on some spring vibes over here. The bad thing is the pollution kicked in. It's not so bad as two years back, but it's definitely worse than last year. I don't check the numbers but I've been told we're somewhere around 200-300 which is shit. Let's hope they gonna do some magic and deal with that soon...


Highlights:

  • New Meek Mill, Lil Baby & Earl Sweatshirt.
  • When riding my bike, like 5 strings popped out of my back wheel leaving it bended as shit. Gotta shout out my bike repair guy again. He fixed it in like 20 minutes for 30 RMB. Incredible.
  • Narcos Mexico they delivered once more.

No comments:

Post a Comment