Monday, December 17, 2018

Semester 5 Chapter XV: Animals & Fake Shit


So unexpectedly, Im back in the French Concession. Sunday evening, I packed the rest of my shit and went back to my Jingan apartment but I stayed there for two nights only. The following day, my friend texted asking me to housesit their spot for a bit more due to a pretty bad family emergency. So Tuesday, I was on my way back.


Before that, I paid a visit to this fake market at Qipu Lu. Never been there before but according to my research, it is the closest one to my spot and more importantly, it is reachable by bike without using ferry. The reason for that was a backpack. The previous one got totally fucked up couple days ago while I was moving between the apartments. Its back pocket (the one you usually use for laptop) ripped wide open which I noticed at the gym. My envelope with pretty decent amount of cash was half-hanging out of it. Was kinda lucky. Well, this backpack was with me for about 8 years, did 2 interrail trips, been in countless countries... It was its time... Anyway, needed a new one. Qipu market has a pretty cyberpunk vibe as well. Complex of buildings with 6 floors (2 of which are underground), packed with different kinds of (mostly fake) goods. Its way more local than the one at Science and Technology Museum, many vendors dont even speak English, and their starting prices are way closer to the final ones. Didnt spend much time over there and left with a pretty decent black bag.... Got back home, pack it with shit and went to my friends spot again. The dog and the cat were pretty happy to see me. Gonna be here almost till the end of December...


Thursday morning, I ended up going for a brunch to this Tribe spot at Fumin Lu. Its a pretty generic western bistro offering a number of vegan options. We did some wraps and some carrot cake. Pretty good.


Saturday, my friend suggested we go check this Christmas market at Haifang Lu in Jingan. I met up with her and her friends at this skate shop at Fengxian where a launch of some new brand was taking place. Pretty cool things, lotta free alcohol... The usual. Then we went to check the market. Now, Im not a fan of Christmas (refer to my previous blog entry) but I was like fuck it... And it really wasnt anything Im eager to do again anytime soon. Crowded, basic, stupid generic Christmas music... I found a stand selling cinnamon almonds tho, which was pretty dope...


Apart from all of that, I managed to meet up with some of my nearest and dearest friends, did some stuff for school (actually met with my supervisor) and tried to keep all the important things moving. Winter is still here but it rains less and Id say its not as cold as the last week so its bearable.


Highlights:

  • Danileighs new album. Heard of her fist time just recently but shes amazing.
  • Watched Kill Bill after many many years. The movie still goes hard.
  • The cat still hasnt pissed or destroyed any of my shit. Might not seem like that big of a deal but trust me... It is.

No comments:

Post a Comment