Monday, March 11, 2019

Semester 6 Chapter V: Alcohol & Fakes


Good morning world. Its the time of the week. The time for some fucking news from your boy taeb, the time for the new Shanghai Czech-in. You know what it is, lets get down to the shits... To be honest with yall, adjusting back to Shanghai after my Hong Kong adventure wasnt the most pleasant thing... I totally need spring to start like now. Im sick of winter jackets, Im sick of grey sky, Im sick of all of that. Just get it over with, would you...


Aight, so on Thursday, the gang met up at Abbey Road for another trivia night. We had some vouchers to spend from the last week and some more knowledge to drop. This time we didnt place anywhere close the first three spots but I honestly couldnt care less. Guess I dont really have a competitive bone in my system. Since my bro had a birthday, we followed up for some more drinks to Tap House. He got a cake, we did lots of beers and shots and then we took it to Revolucion. Revolucion is a pretty renowned bar/club literally across the street from where I live (meaning across the street from where Ive lived for 2 and a half years), but Id never been there before. It has a reputation of pretty generic basic expat shit. Which is exactly what it is. Basic music, basic people. Revolucion is a real fucked up name for that shit íf you ask me. But I was drunk enough to survive for a bit. Dont really remember the bike ride from Tap House over there... All and all, a nice little evening....


I eased back a bit after that a motherfucker doesnt have to drink every day, right? On Saturday, I met with a friend for a short afternoon hang out in my area, and the day after, our Dragon Burn squad met up at WeWork offices on Changping Lu for the first discussion about our camp. WeWork is this global company providing corporate co-working space, and I have used it like 2 years back as one of my flat-mates used to have their card and she lent it to me when she didnt need it. Im not really a fan of the concept but its 2019, and most importantly, they do free flow of beer at all their venues. And since one of our camps member has a membership (which is expensive as fuck btw), she booked a conference room and we took it there. We also used the opportunity to do another of our little potlucks. So yeah... We shared bunch of vegan food (I brought brown rice with mushrooms, tofu, rice cake and tons of veggies, but there was salads, brownies, noodles, different dips table full of amazing stuff), we brainstormed, we welcomed some new Chinese members... I think we kicked it off nicely....


So there you have it. Listening to the new Gesaffelstein, we got another week in front of us, I hope yall doing well, be good, be safe, and Im gonna talk to you next week!


Highlights:

  • New DaBaby and Juice WRLD. That shit dont stop.
  • Went to the Qipu fake market after a while. Needed new jeans and while I was at it, took some pajamas for my nephew whos coming in June. Gonna be the coolest uncle in the world.
  • Adjusted my diet a bit. And I feel good as a motherfucker. If it wasnt for that feast yesterday, which left me painfully stuffed, last week would be fucking perfect. Gonna stick to that.

No comments:

Post a Comment