Good morning from the sunny Shanghai. It seems I have
finally wished my spring vibes into existence. It's still not nearly as warm as I
would hope, but it's continuously getting better. There’s less rain, there’s more sun, winter jacket is becoming
redundant throughout daytime – we’re on the right track here.
Aight, so let’s jump
right into it. Last Monday, I met up with some of my peers at Alimentari – not the one at Anfu Lu tho. I had no
idea they opened up another joint at Wuding Lu, just around the corner form my
compound. One more cheap beer spot in the area. After that, we went to Chair
Club for some more jams. We’re
pretty much regulars at this point.
Two days after, I met up with a friend in Minhang, we cooked
us some dope ass vegan dinner (mostly Turkish cuisine topped with some veggie
cheese) and hung out for a bit. On Thursday, I met up with a friend I met at the last
years’ Dragon Burn. We hadn’t seen each other in months... She picked
this event of one of other theme camps which is participating in this years’ burn. They did a movie screening at
this hostel close to People’s
Square. All about downhill mountain biking. It was pretty cool.
Since the weather is all nice, the gang did the original
Alimentari on Friday. It marked the first time this year sitting outside at
least for a part of the evening. Again, I would appreciate temperatures getting
to around 20+ for good but we gotta be grateful for what we have, I guess. And
the day after, I had a chance to meet up with one of my classmates who wanted
to discuss a possible collaboration on a paper. No idea if that shit
materializes at some point, but we have some ideas. And it would be pretty dope
pushing some of the uni stuff a bit forward.
And that’s about
it. Running in shorts has become an option, I’m still
on my Chinese classes, I still have my schedule kinda packed, life is still
good over here. Time flies like crazy tho... Again, I’m slowly realizing that in about 3 months, I’ll be heading back Europe for the
summer. The good thing is, I already got my tattoo sessions booked. Fucking yay!
Highlights:
- Leaving Neverland. Yuck.
- Megan Thee Stallion. Awesome female rapper out of Houston. Love her.
- That fucking bartender at the spot where the screening took place. There was a complimentary drink coming with the ticket and since he obviously had no idea how to serve Jameson, he poured me like triple one. Kudos to you, good man!










No comments:
Post a Comment