Monday, April 1, 2019

Semester 6 Chapter VIII: 100


Believe it or not, this is the 100th chapter. Took me 2 and a half years but I made it. The blog is still somewhat flying, Im somewhat functioning as well, we got countless stories ahead of us, all is well. So lets have a fucking toast! Shout out to my readership, shout out to Shanghai, shout out to my gang gang, shout out to my vegans, shout out to everybody. We gonna keep running this shit until we wear off the soles of our shoes, ya dig?


So last week.... Monday, I went to my friends spot to do some pre-drinking before the jam night at Chairs. This time, I managed to leave at a reasonable hour, not closing the place up Im proud of myself.


Wednesday afternoon, I met up with that friend of mine running some veggie restaurants at the Knowing Café to catch up, drink some bad ass coffee and have some dumplings. After that, I visited a friend living nearby for a dinner and some hanging out. Since both spots are in Minhang, I took the opportunity to do a longer bike ride over there.


On Thursday, I met up at Jen Dows with another friend for a dinner, and then we took it to Abbey Road for the Trivia night. Pretty much the whole gang participated this time around, and we won that shit again. So were stacking up vouchers for future purposes. At some point, we gonna make it rain in that motherfucker.


The most interesting thing happened on Friday tho. As all of my dedicated readers already know, Im planning to visit this Dragon Burn festival, and this year, Im joining Cucumburners the vegan theme camp. Now, before this festival actually takes place, theme camps do these little fundraising events to raise some cash for covering some of their expenses. Its usually something like a pop-up bake sale, movie screenings, parties etc. Well, last Friday, our camp organized this pop-up silent disco thing. Since we already have like 30 wireless headphones that were purchased for last years festival, it only makes sense to make the most out of them. We met up at 8pm at Fuxing Park. All the headphones got booked out before the party, there were people bringing some sweets for sale, it was all really nice. We spent about an hour in park and then we went mobile. I signed up for 1 hour set too but since my set was scheduled for 9pm, and you cant really mix from your laptop while walking, I ended up plugging my phone and freestyling some sort of playlist that served as a background for pretty random shit that happened after. Im talking raves in the streets, party in a Family Mart (you should have seen faces on clerks in that bitch), invading a public bus, and eventually making it to the My Place bar to wrap the whole shit up. Im not the biggest silent disco fan but this shit was kinda fun. You could tell that the audience wasnt really my crowd tho hip-hop set didnt fit very well with the trance and psi-trance ones others brought but it kinda worked. I had some people approaching me after to tell me that the lyrics were kinda wild. Like yeah... I know that money, shooting people, bitches, drugs and fucking is not the most hippie shit in the world but what can I say. Im a complicated person....


Saturday was my only day off so I made it worth. Went for a long ass run in the morning, cooked myself some dope lunch, and then took a ride to my barber shop. My usual guy wasnt there so this time I got taken care of by this younger motherfucker all suited up and professional. And man, that guy was straight up killing it. My haircut usually takes like 15 minutes to do but this guy spent like an hour on it. I dont really think my fade has ever been this clean. Even though he charged me twice the price I usually pay, I had no objections (and honestly, 50 RMB is still peanuts). In the afternoon, I met up with my Lithuanian people at Daning Tulip Park up north about 6 kilometers from my place which made it another nice bike ride. We hung out for couple of hours surrounded by cherry blossoms, tulips, big ass lake and many people enjoying their weekend. On the way back, I stopped by in this small phone shop to change the protective glass on my phone. After couple of months and my Pacific travels, it was all cracked and really looked like shit. In the evening, I met up with couple of my vegan peers at Hui Yuan Vegetarian Restaurant at East Huaihai Road. My first time over there, they do lots of mock meat, and the food was absolutely delicious.


So yeah, lotta shit has happened last week. The spring vibes are still in the air a little bit but were still not fully there yet. I mean, I still wear my winter jacket for the most part. This has to fucking stop for real. Other than that, Im doing great tho. Living good, eating good, exercising, positive shit only. Have a great one people, talk to yall next week!


Highlights:

  • New Yelawolf not his strongest effort but that motherfucker still spits fire.
  • Mock fish and bacon at Hui Yuan. Surreal.
  • That tulip park. One of the bigger parks in Shanghai. Its really massive, you can rent a boat over there and you can also step on grass which makes it an option for some future petangue games.

No comments:

Post a Comment