Yo, your boy 31 checking back in. I’m still doing pretty well over here, enjoying the great
city of Shanghai, getting the most out of gradually increasing temperatures, watching time fly... It’s kinda
crazy realizing that in a bit over two months, we gonna wrap up my 3rd
year in China. Oh well...
So yeah, last week... On Wednesday, I had to go to my
beloved Minhang campus to sign up for my scholarship. I used the opportunity to
attend this weird ass conference which turned out to be a self-promo of some
Chinese vlogger who does the most generic content imaginable. No edge, no personality,
just technically well executed footage with elevator music in the background.
Kids these days... Since I was there, I also hit the local gym... Hadn’t used that one in ages. In the evening,
I met up with a friend of mine by the Xinzhuang subway station. She took me to
this mall to a vegan restaurant named 579. Little pricey, but real good. They
got some dope ass mock meat on the menu. After that, we got some durian
pancakes at an Indian spot around the corner (awesome), and hit this
tiny local brewery on Dushi Road. Now, Minhang is a fucking shithole but this
place was kinda great. Ran by an elderly Chinese couple, they brew 3 kinds of
beer (lager, dark, wheat), they pour it straight from the barrels so it’s fresh, and they charge like 12-14
RMB for a pint, and about 25 for one liter glass. Which makes it the
cheapest beer I’ve ever had in a bar in
Shanghai. These prices are fragments of anything comparable downtown....
The next day, I met up with some of the gang at Abbey Road
for another trivia night. We were killing it for some time, but totally crashed by the end. The host was still kind enough to drop some bar vouchers
on us tho... And since we got all warmed up, we took it to My Place afterwards.
And since we didn’t feel like coming home just
yet, we proceeded to Revolucion. Overall absolutely unnecessary and pretty
awesome evening.
On Friday, I agreed to walk a dog for a friend who got stuck
outside of Shanghai (yeah, the same dog, I was looking after for a month in
December). It was kinda cool roaming the French Concession again. And walking
dogs never really gets old.
Saturday was my day off so after my morning run and lunch, I
decided to waste some time walking around the city. I just took a book and
spent like 6 hours just jumping parks, reading, taking pictures of shit and
checking what has changed in the streets. And trust me, with the constantly ongoing
construction everywhere, lots of things have... Oh yeah, and in the evening, the
gang met up again at my friends’ spot.
They hosted this beautiful vegan dinner. Some wraps topped by these choco balls. Can’t be mad at that. Being the only
vegan in the group and having people doing that is dope...
So yeah, everything is under control here. It’s still running, working out and
cycling like crazy, it’s still
lotta music listening, it’s
writing lyrics here there, getting ready for some recording in the summer...
All is gucci. Keep it positive for the next week, one!
Highlights:
- New Chemical brothers & Billie Eilish.
- My local imported store stocked some Tabasco. So shout out to them.
- Figured out how to buy powdered sesame sauce at my wet market. I have a feeling this gonna change my life.












No comments:
Post a Comment