Yo, how’s everybody
doing? Greetings from Shanghai –
another week has passed and that means another chapter of your favorite blog.
We are keeping our summer vibes over here, everything is going pretty well,
lotta new music got released, some events went down... And this is exactly the
place where to get some updates on all that.
On Tuesday, I brought my bike to the Chains bike shop to do
some major maintenance. Even though it worked quite well, the rear wheel was a
bit bended and there was some fucked up noise coming from the central part.
Additionally, when I put more pressure on the pedals, the chain was just
dropping down. So I felt it would be neat to make it all nice and smooth again.
In the evening, I managed to meet up with some Burners. It was basically a
goodbye party for one of our fellow campers who came all the way from
Netherlands. I missed the dinner but I joined for some drinks after. The whole
family vibe is still present.
The day after, the guy from the bike shop texted me that I
should get a new fucking bike cause according to him, repairing mine would cost
about three times as much. Since I have used this motherfucker for the past
almost three years, I really didn’t like
the news – bikes are among very few
things I tend to get emotionally attached to. I agreed on picking it up the next
day. Later on, I grabbed a dinner at Jen Dow with a friend I met at the last year’s burn whom I hadn’t seen in ages, and after that we
went for some drinks to My Place where we got joined by one of my favorite
Burners from this year’s Burn. The bar was empty so we ended up hanging out with the bartender,
playing some games and taking it easy.
On Thursday, I picked up the fucking bike and took it to
this small bike shop on Hefei Lu. This lovely Chinese guy fixed my wheel for
like 10 RMB. The next day, I took it to my favorite neighborhood bike shop to
change the chain for another 50 RMB and the bike works like charm. I have no
fucking clue what the Chains shop guy was on, but from now on, I’m staying the fuck away from poshy
spots. The street solutions work just fine. Thursday evening, I met with my
Lithuanians for a trivia night. We flopped real bad but we managed to win a
round of shots at some point. We wrapped the evening up at the beer shop at
Changle Lu.
On Friday, the gang met up at Taphouse for some beers and
later on, we ended up at Changle Lu again. That spot is the shit for summer evenings.
Lively, cheap, ran by locals, generally awesome. Saturday afternoon, I met with
a friend for a hangout around Xujiahui park. Shortly after that, another friend
asked me to join her for this talk on polyamorous relationships. Sounded
interesting enough. The thing took place at this Park Tavern bar at Henghsan
Lu and it was not bad at all. I mean, I have not really experimented with any
of that before but I totally subscribe to lot of things that are obviously
being considered essential to keep situations like that afloat. Starting from
radical honesty all the way to firm belief of not owning or controlling your
love ones. There was a lot of food for thought, and there were bunch of Burners
in the audience too. When I was done with that, I went to meet up with the gang
to - you guessed it – Changle
Lu.
So here we go. I’m still
doing really well over here, my peers seem to be amazing as well... Got a bit
over a month before going back home for a bit, booked my tickets to Lithuania
for August for couple of days, gonna take it via Berlin while I’m at it. My summer is slowly shaping
up. So yeah... Take it easy, keep that shit positive and be safe. One!
Highlights:
- New Tyler the Creator & DJ Khaled.
- My bike. The fact I found a way to make it work makes me extremely happy.
- Summer. We are all the way there. No random temperature drops anymore – it is happening!










No comments:
Post a Comment