Yo, what the fuck is up y’all!
Checking in from the beautiful and sunny Shanghai, we got summer vibes all over
the fucking place, the city is glowing, life is good. Salute to my dedicated
readership - I do hope you guys are doing amazing. I still feel I’m feeding off all that Dragon Burn
positivity which just doesn’t seem
to go anywhere. And you best believe I intend to keep it like that. So let me take you through part of last week I feel like
sharing. Getting back to the regular shit was not actually as bad as I
expected. And even though hopping on a subway and watching the whole train of our
zombie smartphone generation snorting bullshit content off their displays was a
bit of a reality check, I managed to stay above it.
On Monday, I caught up with my favorite girls from Monte
Negro at the Tap House, and on Wednesday, I met up with some more people at the
Changle Lu beer shop. I kinda feel I spent quite a lot of time explaining the
Burn vibes to people who had not been there which is not exactly the easiest
thing, but I feel I got the message across. I also randomly ran into some people from the Burn couple of times over the week. If you know, you know!
On Thursday, the gang met up at the Tap House again, and the
day after, we did a dinner at one of our favorite spots – the restaurant by Huaihai/Wanping Lu. I had not been
there in ages and they still don't fuck around - everything on point.
Even though, I was super busy over the whole fucking week (I
even went to our magnificent campus in Minhang after a while), my Saturday
turned out to be free. And since the weather was absolutely gorgeous, I linked
up with one of my peers who also enjoys biking, and we did a bout 30km around the city, stopping by at the Powerstation to check the current exhibitions
(dope as usual) and doing a dinner at Jen Dow. Words cannot express how happy I
feel about the weather. I was built for temperatures around 30. Miss me with
anything below that.
Sunday evening, I made my way to the Okura Garden Hotel on
Maoming Lu for this Beernanza festival. Basically a beer fest. For 70 RMB you
got a ticket and a voucher for a ridiculously small beer. I didn’t feel it much in the beginning. There
were several stages with DJs and live music which was mostly basic, there were
bunch of young motherfuckers who gave me American spring break vibes, jumping
around to that shit being all drunk (that really made me feel old), plus I was tired as shit. But I had my loved
ones around and on top of that, I ran into almost all of my favorite Burners over there (had no idea they were coming). So I ended up staying
till they closed the motherfucker down, having a great fucking time. One!
Outside of that, it’s still
lotta biking, lotta workout, some lyrics writing, tons of new music listening...
Since I managed to destroy yet another headphones, I had to get new ones and
this time I went for wireless ones (I apparently have a gift of fucking up
cables). So I’m on that train now, being
all 2019 and shit. Anyways, thanks for keeping checking for this blog (we got
over 6000 views last week), stay safe, stay positive and keep in touch! Love y’all.
Highlights:
- New Quando Rondo, Jamila Woods & Ari Lenox. Some dope shit right there.
- Summer vibes. I can’t stress enough how much I enjoy this.
- My nephew is almost here. I’m like two weeks form being an uncle – fucking surreal!










No comments:
Post a Comment