Again a bit later than usual, but I’m still on it. It’s just
been quite busy so my schedule got a bit challenged. However, another week has
passed, and since this one was quite eventful, let me give you a summary on
what I’ve been up to...
Apart from usual hangouts with my crew, I managed to visit
this exhibition at Fosun Foundation by the Bund on Thursday. They displayed pieces by a Japanese
legend Yayoi Kusama (whom I’d
obviously hadn’t been familiar with), there
was lots of polka dots, reflections and playful paintings... I did enjoy that.
After that we took it for some peanut sauce noodles (hadn’t been there in ages) and hit a movie
theater at West Nanjing Road for this Aladin movie. Now, I’m not much of a Disney fan and I have
not seen the original Aladin, so I had no fucking idea what to expect. Walking
a bit late on Will Smith pulling off some bootleg Arabic melodies thus threw me
off for a second. So yeah.... Musical. Every time I watch shit like that, I cannot
help but wishing I could deal with everyday situations with singing. You know...
When you get pulled over by a cop, when somebody pisses you off... Just
smoothly transition into a dance routine and some lyrics unveiling your current
emotional state. Anyway...
After that, we followed to arcades (also, hadn’t been there forever) and
spent some change over there. Given the fact it was after midnight, the amount
of players was kinda astonishing. Those things are super fun but some of those
guys apparently take it real serious. I wonder if there’s people with real gaming issues. My guess would be yes.
After couple of hours of sleep, I got up Friday morning,
packed my shit, hopped on a Mobike and rode to the Shanghai Railway Station
where I met up with some of my peers for this hike we planned around the town
of Ninghai. My veggie friends came up with the blueprint and some of the gang
gang joined. That thing did not look very promising in the beginning as the
forecast was all heavy rain for both planned days. Also, due to tickets being sold out (it
was state holiday), we had to take a bus on the way there, and that motherfucker
managed to get a 2 hours delay. So when we caught a cab from the station and
finally met up with people arriving before us, it was already 3pm. The good
news was, there was really no rain. The hike was absolutely beautiful. No
people, woods, tea plantations, hills, meadows... Plus people I really enjoy.
And we made it to this small spot which translates as a Stone Village by the
dawn. We found a small restaurant for a dinner and it literally got dark like
10 minutes after we sat down.
The fun continued with the accommodation. My friend, who
speaks Chinese fluently, found this homestay (there’s almost no options over there), it took us a while to
locate that, and finally couple of cars showed up and took us to the
destination. Since we are in China, and in China all hotels and hostels are
obliged by the law to register their guests, things got messy. The lovely lady
whom we stayed with apparently didn’t have
a license to host foreigners – yes, that
is a thing over here too. So the only logical thing happened. 3 policemen
showed up at like 10pm, helped her register us in their system, took some pics
of us, and we were good to go.
Next morning, an awesome breakfast was waiting for us us (all
vegan – sticky rice, potatoes,
pickles), after which we went on to roam around the village. Really small,
houses built from dark stones, couple of elderly people selling local veggies
and refreshments... We bought some raspberries, bamboo and some greens, and we
were on our way. About 11 km of climbing hills up and down, walking different
kinds of paths surrounded by nature. Even though this time it actually rained
for a bit, it was mostly soft showers so nothing that would ruin anything but
visibility here and there. Oh, and since there were vegans, there were lots of
snacks. Like lots of fucking snacks.
We made it to the railway station before 4pm (about an hour
before our departure) and spent the remaining time in the building. Upon
request of this nice Chinese bartender, I became an object of a photoshoot
before we left. The tattoos man... Anyway, she seemed really overwhelmed and
happy with it so yeah... One time for her! I made it to my place around 9pm.
Overall, an amazing trip. My resolution for the rest of my stay in this country
is to do as many of these as possible. There’s so
much places in China worth visiting and I can’t shake
the feeling I’m far behind...
Later that day, I had a meet up at Dada (another place I
hadn’t been to in ages, god damn)
and stayed up till like 4am. No idea how the hell I managed to do that. So
yeah, everything is awesome here, just got back home from gym, finished my
dinner, bumping new Polo G out my speakers, life is good. My nephew is doing
great (basically just screaming, shitting and eating – which is the life if you ask me), my fam is awesome,
everyone around me is good.... And I hope you guys are good too. One!
Highlights:
- The hike. Everything about it.
- New Denzel Curry, Jim Jones & Polo G. Easy call.
- My stadium got reopened! It might not be a big deal to y’all, but for me it fucking is.


















No comments:
Post a Comment