Thursday, June 27, 2019

Semester 6 Chapter XX: The Motherfucking Marathon Continues


And yeah, thats a word to Nip. Also suits my mindset these days. 6th semester is over with. Shanghai has been a place I call my home for about 3 years already. I met so many amazing people, Ive gotten myself in so many great situations, Im still working on myself... Shit is far from over. In the retrospect, I still consider moving here one of the best decision of my life, and every new morning only confirms that. Im at the Hongqiao airport at the moment about to fly to Europe, and although Im looking forward to seeing all of my people in the Czech Republic, it feels fucking amazing that the moment I get back here in September, I got my little squad on deck... Life is real good.

  



The last week, I did my best to say proper goodbye to all people that I care about. So it was beers, it was dinners, it was long talks. It was also lotta work, I met one of the professors from the uni to pick her brain on how to approach my dissertation which Im gonna have to finish over the summer. I tried a new vegan Ice Cream place they opened by South Shaanxi Road. Its soy based, its creamy and its only 12 RMB. Great to have this option here. 



With a dear friend of mine, I biked to Pundong to grab a dinner at Veggie Garden, we stumbled upon an exhibition close to Powerstation on the way back. Pretty cool pieces, free beer, good vibes. I did some beers at Changle Lu, and yesterday, I did a final dinner with my Lithuanian peers at this veggie spot at East Huaihai Road... Also went to a farewell vegan feast on Sunday - hosted by two of my friends, who are leaving Shanghai. They live close to Dishui Lake so the ride took like two hours; the food was bomb tho (pizza, mock meat, cheesecakes, chocolate...). I even made it to arcades, did one last Chinese haircut before the summer, changed some more money, got back my deposit from real estate agency.... Basically wrapped the whole thing up.



So again, shout out to everybody who made my past 10 months amazing. Since I have a strict policy of not naming people on this motherfucker, Ill just go for general shout out to all of you. My gang gang, you know what time it is... All the people I biked with, vibed with, dined with, drank with... All my vegans, hikers, burners, runners... Im surrounded by real ones and I just want yall to know how much I appreciate that. Talk to you in September. One!



Highlights:

  • Dragon Burn
  • Fiji
  • Guilin

No comments:

Post a Comment