Okay, from now on, I’m gonna
try to get a chapter out every Monday. Back on my usual shit. Life’s been good since I arrived. I had a
chance to meet up with some of my favorite people, picked up my bike, stopped
by at my veggie market, got a haircut, been walking the doggo I’m looking after... Just being on my
Shanghainese shit again.
So let me give you some of the more interesting stuff...
First, it feels real good being recognized at the local markets. When I showed
up to get some tofu and nuts, all the elderly Chinese ladies obviously remembered me, smiling at me
ear-to-ear. Really makes you feel like home. I also enjoy biking around this
motherfucker again. Dealing with the traffic, checking out for cops at the
intersections, moving around in the never-ending flow of bikes, scooters and
cars... I’m also back on my running
shit at stadiums – so far Luwan Stadium only,
and my Chinese workout routines.
On Sunday, I met up with a friend and we hung out at the
Powerstation for couple of hours. They have a pretty dope exhibition of
perfumes. Different smells and fragrances kept in glass containers or roll-out
paper fans designed by big names from all over the world. Never been to an
exhibition like this before. You don’t
watch, you smell. The next one was on Jean Baudrillard. His work, some
screenings and bunch photos. Again, very well executed doing the guy justice. I
mean, he is an icon after all. Overall, it was another great experience by the Powerstation. Those guys do not miss.
Apart from that, I’ve been
listening to some new music and also collecting my thoughts on some writing I’d like to do. Recently, I got
this awesome book that gives you some guidelines on how to approach writing movie scripts and there's some great poins in it. So I intend to play with that a little
bit.
I’m still
not fully adjusted but it gets better day by day. Got some more of my peers
coming to town this week so there’s gonna be some more catching up soon.... So yeah, all is good, I’m having fun, summer vibes are still strong over here... From next Monday, you
can expect the regular weekly dose of the blog... Until then, be safe! One!
Highlights:
- Chinese barbecue. My first dinner in Shanghai. Reminds you how cool the street food is here.
- Polo G. Been a while since he released the album but I’m back on it and I can’t seem to get off that thing.
- Chinese veggies and fruits. Everywhere. Love it.






No comments:
Post a Comment