Yo, what’s good
everybody. I’m back in Shanghai, life is
still good, looks like we’re bout
to have another sunny day today, everything seems to be pretty awesome. It’s also Monday so you know what we’re about to do over here. Chapter 7,
Shanghai Czech-in, here we go!
I spent most of last week in Bangkok. Apart from catching up, I had a chance to get a bit more familiar with the city. I did what I
usually do when I end up in a place for the first time (well, technically I’ve been to Bangkok before but only
for couple of hours so it doesn’t
really count) – walking for hours with no
particular direction. Just exploring side lanes, trying out different kinda
street food, getting lost... Saw the China Town, couple of their palaces, and
countless of posters and pictures of their royal family. They take them
extremely seriously. When you go see a movie, they literally screen a request
right before the main feature, asking audience to stand up for a minute, watch
a slideshow of the king doing random shit (usually military related) and pay
respect. Never experienced anything like this before. Which brings me to
the second movie we saw over there – Ad Astra.
Mediocre at best.
Anyways, Friday night, I caught a cab back to the airport at
around lunchtime, I was back in the glorious city of fucking Shanghai. Safely
protected from Facebook, Twitter, Google, Youtube, and all of the other
imperialistic Western services. For real though, they are going real hard
with this internet thing. Getting harder and harder to access shit over here.
On Saturday, I had a dinner with my Montenegrin girls at our
favorite spot by Wanping/Huaihai road. There was quite a lot to catch up on,
the evening was beautiful as expected. The day after, my Lithuanians had a bit
of a game evening at their place, and since I was done with my work for the
day, I joined for a bit. And by work, I mean uni stuff. They finally announced
the date for our pre-defense. So yeah, by the end of November, I’m about to find out how bad it is...
Outside of that, Shanghai was quite nice over weekend. Weather is still on summer mode, no heavy rains so far, ferries are
operational again, cycling is fun. Oh, and I got a fresh haircut at this
Chinese lady’s shop I used to go to. As it’s been closed for like the past year every
time I rode by, I thought she went out of business but nah – she’s back
in, still charging 15 RMB for a haircut, still doing a great job. Shout out to
that woman!
Aight, so there you have it. It like 7:30 in the morning,
shortly, I’m about to hit a gym and
kick-off the new week. I hope you guys are doing great too, stay safe, keep
shit positive and don’t trust anyone over 30. Except me. One!
Highlights:
- That movie theatre we saw Ad Astra at. We paid a bit extra for these chairs in the back. You could recline them and basically turn them into a bed. The most comfy experience I’ve ever had in movies. Too bad the film was shit.
- New Keving Gates & Summer Walker.
- Bangkok – all of it.































No comments:
Post a Comment