Monday, October 21, 2019

Semester 7 Chapter VIII: Countless Miles & YLP


Yo, whats gucci yall. Another beautiful Monday, Shanghai is still sunny, life is still good, positive vibes are still on all around, and Shanghai Czech-in is still somewhat operational. Shout out to all the students, employees, unemployed heroes, freelancers, robbers... Hope yall well... Let me start wits some self-promo this time around. After like 10 years of hibernation, me and Mickey managed to record, mix and upload some new shit. Just for the fuck of it... New YLP can be found here: https://soundcloud.com/your-local-popstars. Cheers!


Okay, now back to my life Shanghai. It still feels like we are on the edge between summer and fall over here. Most of the days are real nice, sky is blue, pollution is super low on Chinese standards, and temperature is usually around 20 degrees. Not too bad. Actually, pretty perfect for all the outdoor workouts, runs and cycling I do like all the time.


Last Monday, we hung out at my friends apartment, watching a documentary on immigration in the United States, specifically on people who have lived there for years, working there, running businesses, having families, and who are now targeted by Trump administration, being forced to leave it all behind, separate from the their loved ones, and go back to whatever hellhole they came from. Kinda makes you sick. Lotta shit about our super developed and enlightened Western world makes you sick when you really think about it. The shit that happens with Kurds and Turkey is flat out disgusting. And the way West deals with it is just embarrassing. To me, its a bit sentimental, cause when I used to live in Turkey in like 2013, shit actually looked promising. People were full of hope that the country would open up culturally and make itself more exposed to the world. Right after I left, Gezi park happened, Erdogan got in control for real and kicked off this whole fiasco which has been getting worse ever since. Its painful to watch. Shout out to the Kurds! I feel your pain.


Anyways... Wednesday evening, I met up with my Czech friend for a dinner. We went to Jen Dow by Jingan temple, and spent couple of hours talking life. He started experimenting with tempeh marinating recently (I kinda inspired that), and he got me a jar of it. Since tempeh is like one of my favorite things, I super appreciate that.


Friday, I met up with my Chinese friend whos involved with couple of restaurants over here. I rode to Knowing café in Minhang for our meet up. She asked me to help her out with founding a page for the café on Happycow, as they would like to attract a bit more international people. I did that and I mean... Theres not that many fully vegan places in the area and those guys do serve some mean tea, coffee, snacks and deserts. Hope its gonna help a bit. Later that day, I met up with my peers at Changle u for some beers. Enjoying outdoor friendly weather while it lasts.


Ive been cycling like crazy too. Got a flat tire for the first time since summer yesterday. Made it for like 6 week without one, which is pretty good. Also went forward and got myself pretty neat cycling gloves. Being all pro and shit. Workouts are still fun and I actually feel my shape is getting better day by day. Been in touch with my girlfriend in Thailand quite a lot too... Gonna go back there in less than two weeks for like two days, just cause I can.  Lifes good. Also... Been working on my dissertation on the daily. Making small steps. Still no idea how this shits gonna unfold but lets hope for the best... Hope yall gonna have a great week, keep it positive, dont be assholes to people (and animals), and stay safe. One!


Highlights:

  • Yuna Rogue. Great album. New Gucci is dope as well.
  • El Camino. That Breaking Bad movie is not bad. Especially if you consider Breaking Bad one of the best series of all time. Which I kinda do.
  • Noodles with peanut butter, coconut milk, mushrooms, tofu and chili peppers. Something we tried out in Thailand, and now I started making it at home. Delicious as fuck...

No comments:

Post a Comment