Monday, November 4, 2019

Semester 7 Chapter X: Upside Down


Hello world, here we go again. Another Monday morning, another cup of black coffee sitting on the table in front of me, another sunny day outside the window. Time still flies like crazy, its been two months since I got back here, we got November on deck, we got some new Yelawolf bumping in the headphones, vibes are good, Im ready to hit the gym, all seems to be well. I hope you guys are great too!


So let me sum it up for yall. Last week, I didnt do much outside of the regular in Shanghai. I met up with my Montenegrin girls once for a short hangout but really kept it antisocial for the most part. It had been a while since I took that long just for some me time and it was pretty refreshing. Pushing my uni stuff, working out, watching movies, reading. Its a different zone. 


The interesting stuff started on Thursday tho. In the afternoon, I packed my stuff, got some cigarillos in a shop around the corner, and off the airport I went. After midnight, I landed in Bangkok, hopped in a cab and went straight to my girlfriends apartment. This long-distance thing gets a bit challenging here and there but these reunions feel real good. We spent pretty awesome two days together. Catching up, chilling, eating, hanging by the pool... On Saturday, we managed to leave the compound and went to Dream World an amusement park just outside the city. My first time going to one. It was actually super fun. Seems like that place was built like 40 years ago and it has pretty dope unintentional vintage vibe to it. Colors all faded, controllers from the 70s... It wasnt really crowded which made the whole experience better basically no lines for attractions. That allowed us to try anything we felt like trying, having bunch of snacks, taking roller coasters, chilling on boats drinking coffee... They even had a winter tent. Temperature on negative 5, snow slides Im sure it has to be surreal for locals, for me it was just a friendly reminder of how I see myself living as far away from winter as humanly possible in the future. Overall, it was two amazing days and as usual, I didnt really feel like leaving much. But it is what it is for now and its it's all looking bright.


I had some stuff to do Sunday morning, which I had to attend to, and since I didnt have enough time to simply take subway to make it, I did this Maglev train for the first time in my life. Its pretty impressive. In like 8 minutes, that thing takes you about the same distance subway does in 40. Going at 300 km/h, you just fly over traffic, highways, parks... It did the job, I managed to do whatever I had to, and around lunchtime, I was home. Weather was beautiful, so I took it to the stadium for some workout and since the front wheel on my bike got busted, I dealt with that too. Changed both inner and outer tube. Totally wore the outer one off throughout the past 3 years. In the evening, I met up with a friend for a dinner at Jen Dow, and for some beers at Jinguar at Fumin Road. Super cool hangout feels good to stick my head out of my cave once again.


So, yeah, all is good, love is still in the air, positivity is all around, guess lifes what you make it. Doing my best over here. Hope yall doing good as well, Oh, and my little music project is gonna hit Spotify any day now. So beware, YLP is going official on that thing. Have a great week, hope everything is gonna go just the way you want it to go... Im gonna talk to you next Monday. One!


Highlights:

  • Bangkok. I just feel generally grateful for that.
  • Mr. Robot. The new season is simply beautiful.
  • Amusement parks. Really happy that by the age of 32, I made it to one!

No comments:

Post a Comment