Mic check one two one two, all is good, we’re doing great over here, Shanghai is
still on some beautiful sunny weather, and your favorite blog is back. So let’s get to it...
Last week, I’ve done
some more of the uni stuff and I’m
pretty sure I’m almost done with my
dissertation. I’m not sure if it’ll do but it is what it is, so let’s hope for the best. At the end of
the day, it doesn’t make much difference if I
do get the degree or not. I
still consider this whole Chinese experience a massive success from pretty much
any standpoint imaginable... I also got into writing a little bit. I’m 30 pages deep with my first script
and so far it's been pretty fun. Gonna try to do it more regularly and systematically...
On Wednesday, I met up with some of my classmates in Alimentari. They just
got through their pre-defense. Seems like all of them did well
and I also had a chance to catch up with some people I haven’t seen in ages.
Thursday, my vegan connect invited me to Knowing café once again. Since I helped her with
launching their HappyCow profile, she invited me for some dinner. Ended up
having pretty amazing dumplings, cheesecake and some dope ass coffee. They do
simple dishes over there but everything I’ve tried
yet is absolutely on point... We also spent like 3 hours on some deep philosophical shit - as we always do.
Friday, I had to go to our campus in Minhang after some time
to get a picture of my beautiful face. If I do manage to graduate, it’s gonna be used for all the prospects
related to it. Now, I do have an issue of showing up to events heavily
underdressed. At one point, they almost implemented a dress code in my former
workplace because of me. This time, I wasn’t
fucking around and packed my button up and some presentable pants (no ripped
jeans, no sweatpants) which turned out to be absolutely unnecessary - you don't really need any of that for a head shot. Since it was yet another beautiful day, I decided to
bike over there. It’s about 30km and the ride was refreshing. On the campus, I met my
classmates who are supposed to do this pre-defense with me, we shared our
expectations and fears, and I ended up having lunch with one of them. Realized
it was like the first time in one year I
actually had a meal on the campus. In the evening, I met up with my only Czech
friend in Shanghai for a dinner. We initially aimed for this vegetarian
restaurant at Huanghe Road but we didn’t make
the opening hours. They close at 8:30pm but for some reason, they stop cooking
at 7:30 – one of the weirdest business
plans I’ve ever seen. Since we
arrived at 8, we were doomed. Luckily for us, Huanghe road a pretty lively one,
so we ended up wandering around for a bit and eventually got into a random Chinese
spot, ordering like a ton of veggie food for 60RMB in total. Another awesome
evening.
On Saturday, I met up with a guy I met during the Dragon
Burn couple of months back. We spent quite a lot time hanging out back
then, and I help him setting up a stage for a performance he did over there.
Since he is finalizing a short movie documenting this whole thing and since he
texted me asking for my citizen to enlist me in credits, we figured it might
be cool to grab a drink. We went to this Cactus joint right by the stadium I
used go running to last year (Jingan Worker's stadium on Changping Road). Actually, when my current primary stadium hosts an
event and is closed to public (which is surprising not that rare), I still go
there. It was definitely nice catching up with someone who’s been through the same 5 days of
utopia.
After that I biked to my Montenegrin girls’ place, cause one of them had her b-day celebration in the evening. Since she is like the best person in the world, she decided to make all the snack for the party vegan – to my knowledge, outside of like 20 people attending, I was the sole veggie ass in the crowd. My initial goal was to help out with preparations but I showed up too late for that so my contribution shrank to standing around and talking shit. Which doesn’t sound like much but I’m a pretty skilled shit talker. The party was awesome. Vibe was awesome, people were great, energy was up. Felt sorry for leaving shortly after midnight – if it wasn’t for the fact I had some stuff to do Sunday morning, I would have had definitely pulled an all-nighter over there.
After that I biked to my Montenegrin girls’ place, cause one of them had her b-day celebration in the evening. Since she is like the best person in the world, she decided to make all the snack for the party vegan – to my knowledge, outside of like 20 people attending, I was the sole veggie ass in the crowd. My initial goal was to help out with preparations but I showed up too late for that so my contribution shrank to standing around and talking shit. Which doesn’t sound like much but I’m a pretty skilled shit talker. The party was awesome. Vibe was awesome, people were great, energy was up. Felt sorry for leaving shortly after midnight – if it wasn’t for the fact I had some stuff to do Sunday morning, I would have had definitely pulled an all-nighter over there.
Outside of all of that it’s the
same old. I’m pretty sure last week,
there had to be at least 3 days when I broke 100km on the bike, I still workout
like a maniac and my shape seems to be getting better, I still eat healthy as
fuck saving the planet and shit while at it, I still don’t entertain bullshit in any shape or form, and most importantly,
I still write my fucking blog for all 3 of my followers. I see you guys! Have a
great week, if you love somebody, tell them, and be safe. One!
Highlights:
- Our Boys. Really really dope HBO produced TV series focusing on Israel/Palestine issues.
- New Young Scooter. I love the project.
- Homemade vegan butter – courtesy of my Czech friend. Cashew based. The guy is straight up killing shit like that.












No comments:
Post a Comment