Wassup everybody, another week has passed and you know what
time it is. Before getting down to the shits, let me do another round of
self-promo. My bro managed to get our
latest records on Spotify. Since I’m a
fucking grandpa, who still operates on the basis of downloading mp3s, and
streaming services have been totally missing me so far, I’m not the best person to talk about
this. However, since all you kids out there apparently use that shit, you can
check us out here: https://open.spotify.com/album/0WwaNUzUyDWMLr2AysZoIc?fbclid=IwAR3W13ZtZrgWAiPU7Wb8urz46v6Hu8dGuiPt6IfmOUuuQJnqIlQ2G7oDKtA
Now, when we got all the promo out the way, let’s do the last week’s summary. On Monday, my Montenegrin girls invited me over for lunch. We ended up hanging out at their's for the whole afternoon, and later on that day, we hit the Chair’s for a
jam night along with some other friends. Hadn’t been to a jam night since like last
May. That thing was totally awesome. My favorite singer – this old black lady called Denise – took two weeks off, so this other
lovely lady Coco stepped in as a host. Also black, a
bit younger, with charisma that just flooded the whole joint. Extremely witty,
entertaining and her singing... Oh my fucking god... She did a lot of Sade and
she was literally giving me chills. I remembered most of the band members but
since they were taking turns (kinda point of a jam night), I noticed some new faces
too. Overall, it was beautiful. I really prefer music events in small venues. It has a degree of intimacy big clubs cannot really compete with. And these
jam nights are magic. I hope I’ll get
to do those a bit more often.
In terms of socializing, I took a couple of days off after.
Met with one of the professors from my uni to discuss what can be done about my
groundbreaking research, read quite a lot, tried to write a little bit... Got a
haircut too. Since my favorite elderly lady's shop was closed, I found another
one around the corner. Some Chinese guy did a really good job and charged me
like 30RMB. Shit like that never gets old.
Last week was kinda draining me emotionally, which is something I’m not
really used to, and it’s also
something I don’t really enjoy much. Anyways,
it got to a point, when the only logical thing to do was to go ahead and dissolve my
brain in alcohol. On Friday, me and two of my friends met up at one of theirs’ apartment, did some drinks, watched
some TV shows, and got out to meet some more people. Did a bit of bar hopping
and ended up in Le Baron. Hadn’t been
in that place for ages. DJ was fucking horrible but I was fucked up enough to be
somewhat okay with that. Oh, and since one of my friends has a scooter, last
Friday also marks my first time of driving that thing around Shanghai. Even though doing that after Le Baron was probably not the brightest idea, it was
fun as hell.
I managed to keep myself occupied for the rest of the
weekend too. We basically followed-up on our hangout on Saturday, getting some
noodles with peanut sauce at that legendary place at Yandang Road. After that,
we took my skateboard and biked to the West Bund. Did very little skating and
whole lot of talking. In terms of weather, the day was absolutely amazing.
Shanghai got back on some summer shit. Chilling by the river, laying on the
grass, watching people walk around and skate... It was real nice. In the
evening, my Czech friend organized a dinner for his birthday at Nepali Kitchen
on Julu Road. That was also super cool. Apart from him, I didn’t really know anybody over there, but
the vibe was really good and I have a feeling, I’m gonna
see some of those people at some point again. After the dinner, we bought a
bottle of wine in a store and drank it outside – the weather
was gorgeous.
Sunday afternoon, I did West Bund again. This time around,
with the whole gang. And this time around, I also did quite a lot of skating.
It was hours of good energy, kicking & pushing, talking about life, joking
around. The good life.
It’s like
6:30 now. Sun is just rising out my window, I'm finishing my coffee, just
talked to couple of my people back home... Feeling refreshed and ready for
some new adventures. Have a great fucking week, stay away from bullshit. At the
end of the day, love is all that matters – in any
shape or form. Everything else is just noise. Talk to you guys soon. One!
Highlights:
- Skating. Was having so much fun with it.
- Had to change a tire on my bike again. Randomly found a guy fixing bikes just out in the open – he didn’t even have a shop. Shanghai is beautiful when it comes to that.
- Clubbing. Don’t even remember when was the last time I did that over here.














No comments:
Post a Comment