Monday, December 9, 2019

Semester 7 Chapter XIV: Jingle Fucking Bells


Hello people, czeching back in from cold ass Shanghai. Still housesitting at my friends apartment, the doggie is sleeping on my lap again... The weather outside is keeping its winter vibe. It is what it is. The idea of beaches in Indonesia is becoming more and more appealing. Coming in two weeks now!


So what did I do last week... Lets see. Tuesday evening, I joined 3 of my friends for another mediation session at that guerilla spot next to Jingan temple. 20 minutes of non-guided meditation followed by couple of hours of talk. The meditation was amazing. I just zoned out and got on a great wave which I rode all the wave to the end. And throughout the talk, I got on my political rants which resulted to some friend requests and follow-up questions during the week. I like these meditation nights... Gonna be back this week.


On Wednesday, I went for a dinner at Jen Dow with a friend, and then we went ahead to meet more friends to do a movie night. We got together around 8pm and played the last Tarantino movie. I saw it shortly after premiere in the Czech Republic in summer so this was my second go. And I enjoyed it even more this time around. It is a great movie. And the way the guy writes his stuff is just beyond me. Hes an alien.


Saturday morning, I got invited for a vegan breakfast by this Indian guy whom I inspired to go vegan recently. He invited this love Chinese vegan girl and my Czech friend too. We met up at his studio in French concession, he made lot of amazing Indian food, some oat milk tea, the girl brought some buns... And what I expected to be a brief breakfast turned into like 6 hours of hanging out. Right after, I biked to my apartment to give a tour to a Chinese guy who might take it for the duration of my absence. Then it was gym, and then I met some of my favorite people to go for a Christmas market in Jingan. I think Ive been to that one before couple years back (and if I wasnt too lazy, I think I could confirm that by scrolling through my older blogs) and shit hasnt really changed much. Ridiculous amounts of people, lotta plastic Christmas decorations, lines everywhere. You have no idea. This thing is held in a yard and due to space limitations, they were restricting the number of people inside which resulted in like 100 meters line. Since one of my friend speaks Chinese, we kinda hustle our way out of that and got in with no waiting but god damn... Fucking Christmas. We did some mulled wine, had a pretty good time, and after that, me and my friend dropped by at Bites and Brews for one final cup of that magical Christmas beverage. 


On Sunday, I met up with my Macedonian guy for a beer at my Beer Lady spot, and then went to see the Chinese guy again to kinda confirm this subletting of my room situation. Seems like its happening which is cool. Not losing 2 months rent is a bit better than losing it.


Outside of that, its been the same old. Feeling good, my workouts are still intact, everything is going well. Had couple of calls with my fam back home, couple of great calls with my lovely girlfriend. My people doing good over here, life is good. You guys have a great week, positive vibes only.... Gonna talk to you next Monday. One!




Highlights:
  • New Kontrafakt singles. Got me back on CZ/SK hip-hop for a bit.
  • Weather. It is cold but for the most part its also sunny, which is super nice. No raincoat needed, outdoor workout still perfectly possible.
  • Joe Rogan podcast with Edward Snowden. Made me get his last book too. Got so much respect for the guy...

No comments:

Post a Comment