Monday, December 2, 2019

Semester 7 Chapter XIII: Rains & Walks


Wassup everybody! December has arrived we are running out of days in 2019. It is kinda crazy realizing how fast time flies and also how much shit has happened this past year. Im gonna get back to most of it in couple of weeks but damn... Shit just goes... Before getting any further, let me just publicly shout out my sis and wish her the happiest b-day possible. Even though my ass is M.I.A. like all the time, which does not ¨really make me the brother of the year (or the uncle of the year for that matter), know that I got nothing but love and respect for you. Whatever you do, youre obviously killing it, and it makes me super happy and proud just watching that from afar. So yeah, more love, more life, all the best! You know what it is...


Now back to my Chinese life. Last week was relatively chilled. It was also the first week that was pretty much all winter. Got my winter jacket and gloves out of closet, wearing my face mask when biking, its going down. Tuesday evening, I got invited for this group meditation thing. This vegan guy I met recently through a Czech friend of mine is just starting with these at this spot at Jiazhou Road just next to Jingan Temple. Its a pretty interesting venue. Looks like a regular apartment but some local guy apparently turned it into a guerilla restaurant. I seriously doubt they have any kinda license but they do offer vegetarian meals every day over lunchtime, and more importantly, they use only fresh local veggies (no pesticides) sourced from the guys farm just outside of Shanghai which is kind of a big thing over here, trust me. There was like 8 of us, it was pretty basic, but it was also very nice. Especially the talk after. Got to try some leftovers from lunch and a lovely lady who was running kitchen over there made some dumplings for us. This might become a weekly thing so Im pretty sure Ill be back.


On Thursday, I packed some essentials and took it to my Lithuanian friends spot. They left for a vacay for about 2 weeks so Im in charge of their apartment and animals once more. Its pretty refreshing. Morning and evening walks with the doggie are still enjoyable and I dont really think this ever gets old. Thursday evening, my Montenegrin sisters came by to hangout as we are basically neighbors now.


On Friday, I met up with a friend for a lunch at Knowing Café after some time. We got some pretty mean dumplings and oat milk latté (new item on the menu over there), and more importantly, covered a wide range of philosophical topics once more. As we always do.


Saturday evening, I got invited to this birthday party at Just Cool. Before getting there, I hung out with the sisters once more at their spot. The b-day boy is not a close friend of mine but we have tons of friends in common (Im pretty sure thats why I got the invitation in the first place) and the whole thing was great. Crowd was super cool, vibe was amazing, drinks were cheap. Didnt stay too long but had a chance to catch up with some of my favorite people.


So yeah, apart from the weather, everything is going pretty good over here. Theres been some rainy days, theres been some real cold days... None of which is stopping me from cycling and outdoor workouts. Physically, I feel fucking beautiful still. Which reminds me... My sister got me on this Game Changers documentary... It kinda confirms lotta shit Ive been observing on myself lately. Also, here and there, I still play with that script writing (still mostly figuring stuff out) and it's pretty fun too. Anyways, we got like 6:30 over here, my coffee is almost finished, I got the doggie sleeping on my lap, about to do the walk, probably gonna buy some fruits from the fruit guy around the corner. And then its gym and all the lovely responsibilities and adventures of your boy taeb. Sending some positive vibes to all of you. Its all love. One!


Highlights:
  • Watched the new Scorsese 3.5 hours takes some dedication.
  • New Bones album. Dope.
  • Outdoor workouts. This winter vibe spices it all up. And I get to do that at Luwan Stadium for a change now.

No comments:

Post a Comment