So back to this thing. On Monday, my friend called
me up and we ended up watching Marriage Story at her spot. I really enjoyed the
movie... The acting, the pace, the dialogues. Being at the stage of barely
getting a grip on how to even develop a somewhat functioning story, movies like
that really amaze me. Some great writing right there.
Wednesday early morning, I hopped on my bike and went to our
downtown campus to catch a bus to the campus on the edge of the galaxy. Early
afternoon, I kinda passed the dissertation pre-defense, although quite a lot of
comments were made and I’m
expected to revise a whole lot of it till February. Since I haven’t really received any concrete suggestions, I’ll see what I can do. Not really
worried. In the evening, I dropped by at Agora Space for a vegan potluck a
friend of mine organized over there. Hadn’t been
there since this bread workshop last spring so it brought back some memories.
The potluck was super nice, met bunch of new people, had some super cool
conversations, and also pretty amazing food.
Thursday night, I joined some of my friends at Trivia night.
This time we blew it big time but that didn’t stop
us from following up to the Taphouse, where we linked with more of the gang,
and ended up having a pretty entertaining evening with a bit more alcohol than
needed. It was super nice tho...
On Friday, I got invited to a b-day party of one of my
friends from the uni. He organized it at this Cactus joint by Changping Road.
Since my weekend schedule was kinda crazy right from the Saturday morning, I
didn’t stay too long.
Saturday evening, me and the gang hit the KTV again. I feel
we are getting progressively better. I did all of my favorites with all the passion I was capable of, and all of us did tons of classics together,
climaxing with My Heart Will Go On. Pure awesomeness.
Sunday around noon, I made to my Indian guy’s spot for a beetroot feast. My
veggie friends got this idea of making a whole menu based on red beets. So we
got a soup with coconut milk, some salads with carrots and peanuts, some Indian
dish and even brownies. There was 4 of us again and yet again, I had a great time. In the evening, I dropped by at the
Beer Lady joint around the corner from my building to meet up some of my people. For a minute, I was playing with the idea of catching the last subway to
the airport and spend a night over there but fuck it. Doing a cab early
morning allowed me to do one final hangout. Dunno, it always feels nice
when people tell you they gonna miss you, and when you say it back and mean it.
In the perfect universe, nobody wouldn’t miss
anybody ever but in this one, I choose to view it as a manifestation of love
and closeness. Cause that’s what
it’s all about for me over here.
It's about half past midnight, gonna stick around my apartment
for a bit more, and later on it’s the
airport, layover in Thailand, reunion with my girlfriend, and then off to our
adventure to Indonesia we go. Future is right there, unclear and exciting. And I do
feel positive about all of it. I also feel tired as fuck but that only means I might actually fall asleep on the plane. I the meantime, be safe out there and keep it positive! One!
Highlights:
- Combination of beets and coconut milk. This would have never occurred to me but it works beautifully.
- KTV. Loved it.
- Indonesia coming.








No comments:
Post a Comment