Microphone motherfucking check one two one two... We are
live once again! Sending my regards to all my readers – seems like there’s a bit
more of you these days. I charge it to this whole quarantine situation but it does
feel good. So hello to all the day-ones and welcome all the first-timers. This
blog is still alive and well and we are about to do another chapter. Still from
Brno. From the world where people wear face masks, cannot leave households,
cannot hang around in groups... From the world where most of shops are closed
and borders are sealed. Welcome to 2020, motherfuckers...
I spent a good part of last week in Prague. I’m pretty sure that, technically
speaking, I broke the quarantine. See the thing is, unless it’s shopping, going to see a doctor or
visiting relatives, you are not supposed to leave your house. Let alone hopping on
a train and go 200 kilometers away to have some drinks with your friend. However,
police don’t really enforce it. And given the
fact the Brno Main Railway Station was totally empty Tuesday afternoon, and the
train to Prague was pretty much empty too, it seems people generally respect that. I don’t feel particularly proud doing the
opposite but I took all precautions possible... And due to the fact, the state
of emergency keeps on being extended, I figured I might as well go for it. So yeah,
I took my bike and went. In Prague, I hopped on the bike and followed the river
to a small town about 10km away up north. The ride was beautiful, sun was
shining, and there were quite a lot of people around cycling, running, walking
or roller skating. Most wearing face masks, some chilling by the water with a
drink (couple of restaurants on the way were selling takeaways out the window – that’s still
perfectly legal). Finally, I hopped on a tiny tiny boat that took me and
couple of other people to the other side, walked up a hill and finally made our little
reunion happen. It was 3 long nights of getting faded, catching up and listening
to music. It was some cycling, lotta eating (our vegan burgers were bomb),
and in my case lots of working out... The resistance band was still awesome,
however, on the last day I managed to break it. Still can do most of my
exercises with what’s left of it but I’m gonna get me like 5 more to make a
little stash.
I got back to Brno Friday afternoon, rode home and went
straight for a run. I felt I had to after all that food. The good thing is,
restrictions of outdoor activities got a bit looser. Now you can do individual
sports, such as running or cycling, with no face mask on as long as you keep 2 meters’ distance from everybody else. I
still run with that thing but I pull it up only when approaching somebody; for
the most part it’s down. And it does make
running way more pleasant.
Saturday morning, I did my workout, went for a long run with
my bro and right after that, hopped on my bike again to go my sis’ in-laws’ house second week in a row. I got invited for lunch (and all the
amazing vegan snacks –
common courtesy of auntie and grandma) so I had another chance to hang out with
everyone, including my nephew. I even helped them dig some holes up in their
garden. Forgot what exactly they were for but those who are familiar with me know
that I’m not exactly a handyman. In
other words, I don’t get to do shit like that
very often. Weather was amazing tho, and it wasn’t too
much work. I was actually enjoying it.
So there you have it. It’s been
a month of me being in the Czech Republic and I still have absolutely zero idea
on what’s next. The emergency state
has been prolonged till the end of April but who knows what happens then. I assume
reopening borders is probably not among top priorities these days. Not here,
not in China. And although I miss my people over there like hell and I miss my Shanghai life too (and I’m sure that’s gonna be getting progressively worse), I also feel extremely
blessed to be here amid this shitstorm. With all of my Czech peers. I keep repeating
that but god damn, you are fucking beautiful. All of you. Thanks for existing!
And to all of my Shanghai fam – no matter
how shitty it all seems, I totally have this vision of us having a beer on
Changle Lu or in Taphouse sometime in the summer. Fingers crossed. Until then,
keep on killing shit! One!
Highlights:
- Bag of money vs. barefoot hippie. Can’t really explain that conversation but it was something else.
- Prague. Felt great being back there.
- Digging a fucking hole.







No comments:
Post a Comment