Monday, April 6, 2020

Semester 8 Chapter VII: Check Out My Melody


Yo, greetings from the Czech fucking quarantine. Once again. In terms of coronavirus, were still on the same shit. Still kinda grounded by the government, most shops still closed, borders still sealed... Predicting anything is still impossible and trying to do so thus does not make much sense. The one thing that is totally changing for the better is weather. Its mostly sunny and the next week is promising temperatures between 15-20 degrees. Since I arrived here with a backpack of stuff I had packed for a vacay by the beach, I greatly appreciate that.


In general, Im still on a standby mode here. Still not ready to plan anything big in Brno as getting back to Asia still feels like something I wanna do in foreseeable future. But occasionally that little voice in my head goes what if its gonna take a year man?. I try to ignore that fucker but it is the one annoying part of my life here. That and basically complete lack of social life outside of my family. Dont get me wrong, I enjoy the hell out of everybody, but I miss my people, I miss our little hangouts... I feel like hitting a club or a bar and go crazy at least for a moment. And I feel I deserve that. Like for real. Well, all I can hope for that Ill be able to somewhat contain all this suppressed energy when I actually get a chance to release it. Or not.


Until then, Im gonna keep shit calm and healthy. I still workout like 2 hours a day. Plus about 7km of running. No rest days. My shape is getting better with each passing day so at least theres that. I read a bit (about feminism these days), still watch Breaking Bad with my dad here and there, and spend some quality time with my sis and the little one. At our homes, in parks, walking around the town. I still cook quite often, mostly for me, my dad and his girlfriend. Vegan biaaatch.... I still try to deal with online jobs. I got accepted for some, just need to wait for a reasonable number of regular classes. Hope its coming soon. This past week, I did another longer run with my bro, and couple of minutes ago, I got back from my sis' in-laws house just outside of Brno. Pretty cool bike ride. This was my first-time meeting all of them since last summer and it was awesome. We sat outside eating some amazing homemade vegan food, talking and enjoying the sun.


Been listening to quite a lot of music too. Both older stuff and new releases. Im really in my rnb bag once again. Today, I downloaded a new album by this Kiana Lede singer and man... Hits all the right spots for me. Sometimes, I go all the way back to older stuff from T.I. or Wayne and it still kicks. I mean the only time I will depend is when Im 70 years old/thats when I cant hold my shit within so I shit on myself/cause Im so sick and tired of shitting on everybody else. Preach!



I also talk to my people often. One of my best friends is in Sweden, another one in Prague... Talked to my girls in Shanghai and Bali recently too. Everybody is affected by the current situation to some degree but they all seem to be doing relatively well. And I just cant wait to see all of them in person when the time comes. Until then, stay safe, stay positive and when you go out, walk around with your chest out and your chin up. We gonna be aight! One!


Highlights:

  • Kiana Lede album.
  • Resistance band. I still discover new shit to do with it. This thing is here to stay for sure.
  • My fam. Just because.

No comments:

Post a Comment