Sunday, February 14, 2021

Semester 10 Chapter I: Gearing Up

Here we go again! Let me give you a piece of advice. If you ever start a blog and if you think theres a chance of you running it for some time, dont name it after a place where you started it and dont number your fucking chapters according to scheduling that totally might not be valid further on down the road. Look at this shit. This motherfucker is still named Shanghai Czech-in even though I havent been in that city for well beyond one year. And I title chapters by semesters. Well, the blog is already up and running so Im not gonna do shit about that... Would I do it different tho? Well, probably not... Chaos is life. So welcome to the first chapter of Semester 10. There is no reason for Semester 10 starting particularly with this chapter but I felt its time. If you want some well-structured reading you probably stopped following about 4 years back, so I think were all good here. As for the others, thanks for kicking it with me for this long. Its all love! 

 

This last week I was sorting out my dive kit. Tuesday, I met up with a guy selling his BCD after about 3 weeks after purchase. For the divers out there, it was Mares Dragon which is a super sweet one with a retail price around 400+ EUR. For reasons that are beyond me, that dude was giving it away for 250. With the receipt, after 5 dives. I was really doing my absolute best to inspect every square inch on that fucker but didnt find anything flashing any red flags. So Tuesday I got that. Wednesday, I went to Medano, a city about 30km away from where I stay, to meet with a guy running a dive shop over there to deal with the rest. Took a bus which turned out to be fast and comfy. I arrived about two hours before the meet up so I can explore the town a little. Its a small one with many beaches, cafés, bars, surf shops and a nice little square with a veggie market. I spent some time dangling my feet off a wall by the sea, watching waves, listening to rap and thinking Im a pretty fortunate motherfucker. We met at the guys shop, got joined by my Irish bro who arrived on his Harley-like bike (which I generally refer to as mobility scooter), we got some beers, I got my regs, fins and I also ordered my boots. Cause my elephant feet size is usually not stocked up anywhere. The important thing tho... I got my own shit now! Feels fucking great.

 

Ive been quite social as well. Being out with my Irish guy, going out there with a friend to celebrate a pay raise in her already well paid corporate job in London... We were actually talking about the possibility of launching some diving thing together at some point... I dont really think this would materialize but well probably have some more talks on it soon. See, even if this particular thing doesnt lead anywhere, I feel fucking grateful for getting all the support and positive reinforcement from people around. Shit feels beautiful.

 

On Saturday, me and two of my friends went out for a dive to this Mar Azul site. Weve heard beautiful things about it so we wanted to try it out. The day was beautiful, the road down the site was adventurous, my kit fit perfectly... There were some more dive shops diving with customers too. However, it seems that these past weeks we just cant seem to catch a break when it comes to visibility. It was diveable but not particularly enjoyable. And the guys told us that this is probably shittiest theyve seen it ever. I mean, I was happy to try out my gear and to be in water again but fucking come on! Some visibility would be nice. After that we did couple of beers at this trailer-like restaurant by the road nearby and then took it home.

 

I had a chance to talk to some of my favorite people last week. You know, these calls that last 1+ hours... Proper catch-ups. Been working out quite a lot. I still dont run cause my knee is still kinda out. Its that soft tissue thing so Im pretty sure its gonna take like 2 more weeks for it to get back to normal. I walk around quite a lot tho. It is getting warmer over here and some of my peers are planning to visit me over here. Cant wait for that to start happening! Sending some love to everybody out there. One!


 

Highlights:

  • My new gear. Also, hanging out at that Medano dive shop. Makes you realize that dive shops can be managed in different ways and some of people in charge are actually nice.
  • My host making homemade soy milk for me. Just cause hes a fucking boss.
  • Promising Young Woman. That movie is fucking amazing!

No comments:

Post a Comment