Monday, February 8, 2021

Semester 9 Chapter XXII: Zero Visibility

Hello world! Reporting live from Costa Adeje... Tenerife is still totally one of the better places to be these days. The weather, the open facilties, the sea... Only thing that I dont particularly appreciate is the lack of diving. I mean, I still do but not really with the center and Im honestly not sure if Im ever coming back there... Dont feel too hyped about the idea. I got people to dive with tho so Im gonna keep myself in water at least here and there till the situation in the industry gets better. Ive been also making steps to the SSI Crossover which is a pretty easy process that will eventually earn me an instructor certification with SSI the worlds second largest diving agency. Which should also increase my employability. Well see tho.... Oh, and I also decided that next week Im sorting out my kit. Since my center has been nothing but useless with getting me what I want for these past two months, I just contacted bunch of other people and Im pretty sure Ill get everything straight in the matter of days... 

 

So yeah, last week I went diving only once. Me and my friend went to this El Puertito site not too far from Adeje, and it was a bit of a fiasco. Visibility was non-existing, entry was a bit complicated. We managed to do a bit of the first dive but after that we called it off and spend the rest of the morning at the friends spot up the hill drinking coffee and chilling. I also managed to hit my knee a little while at it which kinda disqualified me from running for couple of days. Well, shit happens... Gonna try to do more diving next week. Hopefully...

 

I was also out quite a lot with some people I usually hang out with these days. Drinks by the beach, drinks in bars, walks around... Good vibes only. Other than that, Ive done a lot of walking by myself, got back to some albums I havent heard in a minute and obviously worked. A lot. I kinda consider myself lucky cause when I decided Im gonna open up some of my time slots I used to have reserved for diving, shit just got at me like a fucking tsunami. So yeah... Enjoying my new students, happy to see some of my old ones. Work is good...

 

I got a bit better with respecting the curfew. Still not super sharp with it but getting there. Step by step. So yeah, last week was good. And I dont really do resolutions or anything like that but I totally want 2021 to be the year when I turn diving into a paid job and also want it to be a year when I reunite with all the people I havent seen since covid started. Well see what happens but this is where my head is. I even had a chance to catch up with my Shanghainese Lithuanians after like forever... That took me back down the memory lane... Shout out to all my peers over here, shout out to all my peers everywhere else, shout out to all my readers and everybody that keeps shit positive no matter what. One!


 

Highlights:

  • All these evenings over here...
  • Old-school Trae. Classics.
  • Completing SSI theory session this weekend. Almost there!

No comments:

Post a Comment