Lately, I’ve been
revisiting some older albums I felt I wanna hear again. Got kinda stuck on FKA
Twigs and Brandy. Been in my rnb bag a bit more than usual. So that's music; outside of that everything’s been going well over here too. Weather
is still beautiful, my work is still enjoyable, people I meet are still
awesome... And it’s getting progressively
warmer. The fucked up thing is that whereas Tenerife is still a pretty nice
place to be, mainland Europe (Czech Republic in particular) is deep in shit
with covid so at the moment so all the visits my people have been planning for
the spring do not seem very likely to happen. We’ll
see...
So where we at with this... Monday evening I met with two girls I was supposed to dive with at the weekend. They needed some help with organization, car arrangement and shit like that. One I know pretty well, the other I did not know at all. The plan was to do some diving with a guy they met and then just keep the car, do some night dives, camp by the beach and do some morning dives too. What’s not to love there... Turned out to be a nice little hangout, we went through everything that we deemed important... Wrapped it all up at the beach of Puerto Colón.
Wednesday morning I went diving with my Lithuanian friend. We did Mar Azul again. The visibility wasn’t the best so we decided to do one dive only and spent the rest of the morning at this spot nearby drinking coffee and talking. In the evening, I arranged a car for the weekend. Airport pick-up, solid big fully insured car for about 75 EUR for both days. The day after it was all work but I managed to do a night dive with Tabaiba with the same friend. Fucking beautiful. We did some drinks across the street from my compound afterwards...
Friday, the two of us met up again for lunch. See, as she left the island yesterday, this was kind of a goodbye meal. She made a reservation at this vegan restaurant in Abades which marked my first visit to a 100% vegan place on this island. Before we got there, we took a walk around the church area on top of the hill and hung out with some divers I know who were there for dives. The lunch itself was great. See, the business concept of the place sounds stupid as fuck. You open a restaurant in the middle of nowhere, you make it vegan, you open it for 3 days a week only and you make it kinda pricey compared to anything else around. But it works! It’s always full and there’s virtually no way of getting a table without previous reservation. They basically tell you what you gonna eat too. I mean there’s like 3 options but you probably wanna try them all anyway. And it’s beautiful. All the mock meat, cheese... The presentation, the flavors... Great experience. After that, I got dropped off at the airport where I met with one of the girls from Tuesday and got the car. See, on this island you have to be at least 23 to rent a car with most companies. And I was the only one out of the group who had both the license and the age to meet the criteria. I drove that car back to my place to do some work, left it with the girl, did some teaching and met with another friend for some drinks in the evening. She did open water with me while back and she finally completed e-learning so the certification is official and she wanted to celebrate. Overall a cool day.
Saturday I didn’t really feel like doing anything. For all kinds of fucked up reasons the vibe got really off and I decided to do what I gotta do and just go home. We went to Playa de las Vistas and it was kinda ok. I was probably the most experienced one over there and I feel I also vibed out the best with guy so I ended up focusing on bit more things than I initially expected. The experience wasn’t bad but by the end of it, I was bit tired of all the bullshit that preceded so I was happy to get back to my flat, wash my gear, happily skipping all the remaining stuff planned for the rest of the weekend. Cost me way too much, cost me some energy, wasn’t really worth it but it was an experience. You live, you learn. It turned out great eventually tho as it gave me a chance to hang out with my Lithuanian friend one last time. I invited one more friend and we had a great evening at this Coconut Bar. All love.
Sunday, I went diving with an instructor I’ve known for a while. He works for the shop I used to be affiliated with and he’s a nice guy. We’ve never dived before just the two of us and he has couple of years of diving on me so I wasn’t sure how it’s all gonna go. We went to Mar Azul again and man... Best visibility so far and we had some great dives. We have basically the exact same air consumption, we are both good at depths, it was super chilled. Amazing topography, swim throughs, caverns... Got tons of great pics from it and I sincerely hope we’ll get to do more dives in the future. We’ve been discussing it. Anyways, one weeekend plan didn’t really go the way I hoped but the universe immediately gave me whole lot of new amazing shit. Life is fucking good.
So there we have it. Another Monday morning, another beautiful day, Brandy on the deck... I’m still on my workouts, walks and runs. I’m still in touch with all my favorite people... And I still hope the global situation is gonna get better sometime soon. Sending some love to all of you. One!
Highlights:
- Bir Baskadir. Great TV series.
- These Sunday Mar Azul dives. Perfectness.
- FKA Twigs.












No comments:
Post a Comment