What’s good everybody, your boy taeb is back with another installment of this piece of something. Greetings to my regular readers, greetings to those who check this shit occasionally, shout out to the first-time and deuces to the last time readers. I hope everybody’s doing beautiful.
Last week was pretty cool. After the Sunday incident, I gave my ears some time to recover. The middle ear squeeze isn’t the worst thing in the universe, it’s just not super comfortable. At least for a day or two. So the first two days was mostly walks, doing my classes, taking things easy. Tuesday evening, I met up with my dad’s friend, his wife and their doggie (yeah, they’re still on the island) and we walked down to Puerto Colón to grab some drinks. Good talks, good vibes, nice evening.
Wednesday, I hopped into the Fiat Panda we rented the last week and drove to the dive shop I used to work for to drop some of their gear I still got at home. Then I picked up my friend and we went for a road trip. First, we took it to Santa Cruz where she wanted to visit some fucking ham shop. Cause believe it or not, in 2021 some people still eat meat. Crazy, huh? Anyways, she was also nice enough to google a spot with some vegan ice cream so we had a bit of that too. After that we proceeded up north and stopped by in Garachico. I’d been there once before to do my SSI crossover but I didn’t have a chance to properly explore it. So we did it justice this time around. Nice cozy town with a big square a bunch of restaurants a cafés. We stopped by in one for a bit and then wrapped the trip up. Through Santiago del Teide back to Adeje.
Friday, I joined the Medano guys for a dive in Punta Prieta - my first diving there. Since I had shit to do in the afternoon, I did only one dive so I followed their van with the Panda. The dive was awesome. You can tell that the guys know the sites very well. We went about 35 meters deep but we had 15 liters’ tanks so we got quite a lot of time down there. Oh, and there was a Czech customer joining the dive too. How random.
Sautrday, I picked up my friend once again to finish the Advanced course with her in Abades. I’m so happy I got the plug for tanks and gear over there. That woman is absolutely awesome, fun and super nice. When we were leaving her shop to do the first dive, I noticed the Czech girl from the day before drinking coffee in one of the cafés by the square. What are the odds, right? We chatted for a bit and I offered her to join us for the second dive. All she had to do was rent a gear around the corner. So we all did (and we did see a massive ray and two turtles) and then hung out for the rest of the afternoon. In the evening, I did the last dive of my friend’s Advanced and sometime after 8pm I was home. Oh, and I managed to check out the Abades church once more in the afternoon. While my friend took a nap in the car, I climbed the rooftop and enjoyed being on top of the world. Throughout Saturday, I ran into like 5 different people I know by accident. Shit like that makes you feel like a local. Been here for a minute.
Sunday morning, I was sitting in the Panda once again, I picked up my friend once again and we went to Abades to pick up tanks and gear. Once again. Unlike the day before tho, we took it to El Puertito. I did the site only once before and the conditions were shit so I was hoping something better this time around. It did look a doable but I didn’t really like the waves so we gave it a pass and went to Alcala instead. I was forced to fucking parallel park there. Managed. We did only one dive as I had some work later on but it was good. Not the best vis but not horrible neither. We grabbed a drink at the town square nearby afterwards.
So yeah, last week was quite a lot of diving and hella driving. Plus tons of online classes. My departure of Tenerife is approaching and I’m in peace with that. Wheels keep rolling. Stay positive, stay safe and don’t entertain bullshit. Sending some love everybody. One!
Highlights:
- Meeting people by accident. The best
- New Rod Wave.
- My confidence as a driver. I feel I’m real good now.














No comments:
Post a Comment