Tuesday morning, the boss and his wife left the town which means it’s just me around the shop for the time being. In terms of that, I’ve been helping out with English version of the website and communicating with some people in dive-related matters. Tuesday afternoon, I took the van out for the first time and drove up the hill to Labin. It was a pretty nice day so I walked around a bit, grabbed a coffee and located some ATMs (even one I can use my Chinese card with!).
I also started running here. So far I’ve gone twice and took it all the way to Girandela; our closest dive site. I guess the distance could be like 5-6km. Probably gonna find a way to make it longer. I’ve been in the gym on the daily too.
Saturday, I went out to discover some hiking trails around. They are marked but in a pretty chaotic manner. With a little help of some locals in the middle of the woods I managed tho. Made my way to Labin again to get a haircut and did couple of stops to appreciate the views and read as I brought some books to Croatia with me. I’m on Stephenson’s Snow Crash now. It’s beautiful. The barber shop I found it basic, local and has some Enlgish speaking girls working in it. I feel I’m gonna be regular over there. I found a completely different (and shorter) way back down. Waterfalls, ponds, colorful flora. It is pretty beautiful around here.
At this point, I’m still keeping all my classes so I’m busy with that. I have walked around Rabac couple of times too, figuring out shortcuts and shit. As I always do when I move somewhere new. I had a chance to talk to couple of my loved ones and the fact I’ll get to reunite with some of them this summer gives me real ass butterflies. So yeah, overall I’m chilling like a motherfucker here. I live good, I eat good, I educate myself, I watch new shit, I listen to new music… And diving is coming soon. It’s all booked, just sit back and wait. Love to everybody out there. One!
Highlights:
- All the hiking.
- The hotel staff. They really got on my vegan shit and are super nice about that.
- Gym. Feels good to be back.
















No comments:
Post a Comment