Okay, so the first week of real ass diving over here has been concluded. And it was a ride. I’m not gonna overdo this intro so without further ado, let’s get to it.
Last Sunday, the boss and his lady arrived which means way less me time. The morning after this 14-year-old girl arrived. Her story is a bit unusual and I’m not gonna go deep into that but I’m gonna give you a brief sketch. She’s a professional athlete so her life orbits around that. Last year she did her junior open water cert here and since she liked it her parents (who I’m guessing are pretty well off and don’t have too much time for her) sent her here again for another 3 weeks to do some more diving and relax. Which is a pretty wild move if you ask me… Considering the fact they are not really friends with the shop owner and they have never spoken to me. Go baby girl, the world is full of nice people and there’s nothing that could possibly go wrong with strangers hundreds of kilometers away, right? Anyways, this whole thing... I’m basically something like a big bro/uncle these days. She’s my flatmate, we dive together, we hang out. It’s an entertaining dynamic. She’s a bit introverted, introspected and super active (also vegetarian). So we talk, we dive, sometimes we run. All is good and it seems it’s enjoyable for both of us.
On top of that, we’ve had a group of divers from the Czech Republic visiting. Bunch of instructors bringing whole lot of people who started their courses in pools back home and came to do their open water skills and dives. Plus couple of their associates seeking some fun diving. Huge part of my involvement was logistics. Driving the van (I figured out a way how to reverse all the way to the dive center which is by far the most challenging driving maneuver I’ve pulled off to date), filling up the tanks (yup, I can work the compressor now too) and leading the fun dives. Again, everything I did went super smooth. People I worked with were happy, I handled a bit of panic in the beginning (which sometimes happens if one is out of water for about a year), we spent some nights outside the center talking, drinking beer and sharing stories. They all left today looking happy.
I had to reschedule and cancel some of my teaching last week. Which wasn’t really surprising. I also hit couple of bumps with the shop owner. At one point I really stopped liking the attitude and general approach towards me which resulted in an honest face-to-face convo where we cleared out quite a lot of air followed by an evening of alcohol consumption. I believe we have both set some boundaries and clarified some situations which makes me feel optimistic about the summer over here again. Cause at one point I totally had all kinds of ideas. You see, I love diving but I already let one asshole taking advantage of me for free for couple of months so now my bullshit radar goes off quite fast when it comes to shit like that. I’m totally not setting foot in that river again. That’s on everything. Oh, and I also took control of the sound system. See, the boss brought this big ass speaker and the first couple of days he was blasting some local commercial radio which was killing every single bit of my spirit. That has changed too. Now it’s rnb, funk, soul and occasional hip-hop. And I see colors again.
And that’s that. It’s a beautiful afternoon, I did two more dives in the morning, I’m about to go for a run with my new buddy and tomorrow my sister is coming along with the fiancee and nephew. Can’t fucking wait! Hope all of you are doing great. Love & peace to everybody. One!

Highlights:
- Deep dives, shallow dives, more dives.
- The tropical weather. I love this shit.
- All the people I had a chance to connect with last week.




No comments:
Post a Comment