Sunday, June 13, 2021

Semester 10 Chapter XVIII: Last Days Of Solitude

What’s good, everybody… Just got back from gym, listening to new Migos, vibes are all good over here and I sure as hell hope y’all doing well too. I’m gonna keep this one short because honestly, there hasn’t been too much happening last week. 

 

In terms of tourism, it’s still pretty low. You can tell there’s more people but the demographic seems pretty homogeneous. It’s mostly couples with babies or pregnant couples or couples with babies and grandparents. I have never seen as many strollers and baby bellies at one place before. It’s pretty safe to say that these people are not the primary target group for diving. So in terms of diving business, I’ve been dealing with some phone calls, e-mails and planning. 

Since I brought my road bike from the Czech Republic, I decided to take it out for a ride. That was Wednesday. I found this village named Skitača on the map. It’s the highest point in the area and the whole route was about 55km. I figured this would be a piece of cake. Boy, was I wrong. This whole area is hilly as fuck and at points I was really cursing out loud to relieve the stress. The views were beautiful, the weather was nice but the whole thing was a different type of exercise. I was so fucked after it, I actually immersed myself into the sea for the first time over here (if I don’t count diving of course). 

 

Oh, and they’ve opened up a bike rental place next to our center. It’s a small operation with couple of bikes and e-bikes to rent and they employ this 19-year-old kid whom I’ve been hanging out with a little bit. Cool guy. Yesterday, we drank some beers after his shift. His English is a bit broken but it’s more than enough for us to chat. He’s given me a bit of an insight of what’s it like to grow up in a region like this. Small town, everybody knows everybody, not much to do, people’s mentality a bit screwed by tourism… Plus loads of drugs everywhere. For whatever reason. I enjoy having some company around during the day. 

 

I’ve been teaching a lot and the workouts and runs are still on the daily. You know what it is. Today, the boss is supposed to come and we have quite some diving ahead of us the next week. It really seems that the days with little to no diving are officially over. We’ll see. Shout out to all my people. And I’m sending some love to all my readers too. One! 

 

Highlights:

  • New Polo G and Migos. Flames.
  • The bike ride. Blood sweat and tears.
  • Mare of Easttown. Some dope TV series right there.

No comments:

Post a Comment