So the elections in the Czech Republic has just taken place. And you know what? Fuck it. I’m done pretending that shit’s gonna get better. It ain’t. We have an alt-right party winning that motherfucker (they don’t really portray themselves as such but in terms of their stance on social system, immigrants, LGBTQ+ issues, environmentalism, and basically everything I consider somewhat important, there’s really no doubt), we got this fucking oligarch billionaire who’s been running the circus for the past decade or so coming second. Tax evasions, tax heavens, stealing from EU funds, pumping his business with public money, lying and saying basically whatever to get people’s votes. Then we got the Pirates in coalition with this center-right party third. The whole coalition is a tragedy for Pirates who, in my opinion, are the only element in the parliament that makes any kind of sense (although I’m so not aligned with lotta shit they do). And the last but not least… Neo-Nazis led by this Japanese immigrant. I shit you not; that shit has become an evergreen of our political landscape. So fuck it. There’s no taxing the rich, there’s no supporting those in need, there’s no sustainable social system, there’s no responsible environmental policy, there’s no marriage for my sister and her fiancee, there’s nothing but more injustice, more capitalism, more homophobia and more pain. And you know what? I’ve been done… Maybe it’s time to sit back, grab a drink and watch the world burn in flames. Cause whatever happened here happens all over the world. And trying to see any kinda hope in this bullshit is a full-time fucking job.
Okay, on a lighter note… I’m still in Rabac and I’m managing. The place is almost empty; most tourists left are in their 70s and like half of business are shut. Off-season. I’m staying in the boss’ flat up in Rabac but I literally only sleep there. I work and operate from the dive center and I use the van to go up and down. Not gonna lie, I’d rather be back home with the family and all but I understand that the shit I got called for over here is important so it’s all good.
The guys to whom the dive center is being handed over arrived on Wednesday and since then we’ve been meeting up on the daily dealing with shit that needs to be deal with in such situations. My role is mostly translation which can be a motherfucker as sometimes you're the guy who speaks twice as much as everybody else. And I’m not talking only informal regular conversations… We’ve also been at the notary’s office so shit gets proper. Here and there, we get a coffee somewhere and yesterday we went out for a dinner to this fish place up the hill. I was in full vegan mode as usual so I’m sure they loved me over there. First, I was hoping for some pasta with truffles but since they fucked it up and put eggs and dairy in it, I ended up with spaghetti with tomato sauce and some veggies. So the most basic food you can imagine. Yay! Then we headed up to Labin for a drink in the old town.
What else. I went to get a haircut in Labin for one last time and I even managed to get myself a t-shirt with the city symbol that is so socialist realism it’s crazy. Plus I did some runs (which is bit hardcore as whatever the weather is here these days... it has nothing to do with summer; cold and strong wind all the way) and I’ve been teaching my classes. All is good but I can’t wait to get this shit over with and head back home. And look… Even though shit looks ugly as fuck in the world, let’s not give up on love and kindness. It’s all we got after all. One!
Highlights:
- Top Boy. What a series.
- Kojey
Radical. Some great music right there...
- Running by the sea again.




No comments:
Post a Comment