Monday, October 18, 2021

Semester 11 Chapter VII: Time To Move

Being adult is weird. There’s so much shit we structure our lives around that we rarely question; we kinda take them as given. All the work shit, our little routines, our responsibilities… I have tackled on my relationship with my hometown couple of times before and I have said it’s complicated. Which is mostly my fault. See, when you decide to travel around and make your life chaos, the fact these daemon structures (I’m pretty sure I’m killing this IT analogy) collapse. And I’m realizing that the older I get, the more complicated it seems to create new ones. Let’s say I settle in Brno. I have to find a stable job, I have to find a new group of people and places I somewhat enjoy, I might have to consider doing something about my dating life… Basically getting a fucking life here. Which is a lot. And since I’m not doing that, I can’t really stay here for long. It really feels like a limbo when I’m here. I cherish the time spent here but I also feel the need of getting the fuck out every time. It feels easier to run on autopilot somewhere else with people who might be as lost as me, than to pretend I’m ready for this. Never say never and there’s still a good chance Czech Republic will become my home again eventually but for now I’m good. It is what it is… 


Okay, so last week... I was in Rabac till Tuesday afternoon. The business I went there to assist with went smoothly and it turned out to be a pretty successful effort. Rabac was shit tho. The weather was consistently bad, it was cold and the runs were more of a challenge than a pleasure. It felt good making it back home. My dad stayed awake till the middle of the night and greeted me with some pasta and whiskey. 


During the week I managed to spend some time with my family and with my bro who came from Prague for couple of days. We were hanging out around the town, we went to this skate park/playground with the nephew, we did some great food and we went to the movies to chat the new James Bond. I was also researching accommodation in Tenerife. I don’t wanna jinx it but it seems I found a solution I might be pretty happy with. Gonna tell you guys next week when I’m there… 

I’ve been also teaching as always, I resumed my daily workouts and runs… Feeling good in this bitch. The biggest downside at this point is the fucking weather. I’m so not built for this and I can’t wait to get that shit right in Tenerife. Two days to go… In the meantime… Take care, keep shit positive and don’t entertain bullshit. One!


Highlights:

  • Being in a cinema again. For the first time since Bali. Feels like a lifetime ago.
  • Squid game. I mean WTF.
  • My family. They’re fucking beautiful.

No comments:

Post a Comment