Monday, December 13, 2021

Semester 11 Chapter XV: Don’t Get Me Wrong, Just Get Me Right

Okay, here we go again. Shout out to all the lovely people reading this thing. It’s been a long fucking ride but we gonna keep this shit pushing till the wheels fall off. I got some rap blasting out my bluetooth speaker, I’m fresh out of shower, I got a friend touching down on the island in couple of minutes… Shit’s proper. First things first tho… 

Last week was pretty interesting in terms of diving. The first three days, me and the girl from the shop did the group of 7 people. And fuck being humble… We fucking murdered it. Any instructor would tell you that this is no easy task but we handled it with grace. Thursday, I did two DSDs… Czech siblings, teenagers… All good. I’m not entirely sure what my future is in the dive center tho. There’s no diving these days and I’m also pretty sure they have other people doing dives for them. I’m all good tho… Gonna give it some time and then I’m gonna whatever I feel I should do. The rest of the week was no diving tho… 

 

Friday, I took the car to a mechanic in Chafiras. Let me tell you straight away… Driving through Chafiras over the day is a fucking nightmare. The spot is like 5km away and it took me like 40 mins to get there. Just to find out that they had no time that day. Beautiful. Anyways, I met up with this Czech dude who works with them, he checked the engine real quick and even though he found like 100 different leakages, he said it’s no biggie and as long as I check the thermometer, I should be fine for the time being. That baby is getting a fix up sometime soon anyway. It also turned out that guy is into hiphop and he makes beats. So we exchanged our shit and who knows… Maybe we gonna do a session at some point… On the way back I stopped at IKEA which was just around the corner and got myself a blanket so I’m a bit warmer at night. Totally needed that. 

 

I was out quite a lot two… I went out with my friend’s sis one evening and all of us did a night out the day after. With this guy from the dive center joining. I’m not gonna go too deep into this but it’s crazy how different vibe can get when it comes to people. Couldn’t believe my eyes and ears at some point. We started in Costa Del Silencio in this cheap spot for food called 360 (cause shit costs 3.60 EUR over there), we proceeded to that Black Sheep bar afterwards and then we went to this Guargacho joint to get some hookah. The evening got concluded at my place, with some dope music and a proper chill-out. Clean. 

 

I did another night out Saturday with my friend in the one and only 33 Vuletas. Definitely one of the more interesting evenings. Sunday, I met up with her again along with my flatmate and we did a long ass drive all the way up to Anaga to this Dos Hermanos rock. Just by the sea, it is a great spot for hiking and we did around 10km in the area. Way easier than the shit we did last week in Gigantes. Everything about this trip felt nice and smooth. Fly, banana, fly (I’m literally writing this sentence for myself so I don’t forget one particular moment, sorry!). 

 

We made it back here in the evening, I made myself a dinner, cleaned-up and I’m supposed to receive a message from my friend any second now. Then it’s gonna be me driving to the airport and Los Cristianos. And some drinks and catch-ups after. Overall a pretty good week. Hope you guys have been okay too. Sending some love to everybody out there. One! 

Highlights:

  • Night outs.
  • Hike.
  • The blanket. For real.

No comments:

Post a Comment