Sunday, December 26, 2021

Semester 11 Chapter XVII: Sleeping During Movies

Hello everybody and merry fucking Christmas. As you probably know, I’m not the biggest fan of the holidays but if people take the opportunity to spend some time with their loved ones, slow down for a minute and take couple of deep breaths, I’m in. So I hope that apart from this consumerist bullshit, buying all bunch of stuff that’s gonna be thrown away in like a month and getting yourselves stressed for no reason, you had a chance to dedicate some time to appreciate yourself and people in your life. I did my best to do so anyway… 

 

Okay, got new A Boogie in the headphones and I’m loving that shit. I’m fresh of some good old morning workout, sun is shining, it’s a new day… Chilling over here… These past couple of days were pretty nice. Some of my students are taking a break from classes until the new year’s so I have a bit more time to relax, walk around, reminisce and hang out with my people. 


I made it to Tenerife Tuesday evening, got picked up by a friend and we went straight to 33 Vueltas for some welcome house wine. On Wednesday, I drove to Mercadona to do some needed shopping and I also stopped by at this Chinese mall around the corner where I bought a frame for a print my friend got me in the Czech Republic. Having that shit on the wall in my room makes the whole motherfucker feel more like home. In the evening, I watched Casablanca for the first time ever. And that shit blew my mind. See, sometimes it’s a bit tricky watching movies that are this old. Shit that was totally acceptable and tolerable in 1940s or 1950s fortunately doesn’t fly today in most circles and lotta movies from that era are a reminder of that. But man… Casablanca is beautiful. The screenplay is fire and I was enjoying the whole ride. Made me think I might wanna fill some of gaps in my movie knowledge and go back in time more frequently.

 

Thursday evening I met up with my friend to watch the new Matrix. I think I liked it but the problem was I got a bit faded before the movie started so I was drifting off at points. Gonna have to re-watch it. Friday, I drove to Los Cristianos to pick up money I was owed by the dive shop and to pick up my gear for a dive with my friend from London. I still have no idea whether there’s any future for me in that shop and I’m totally ready for whatever. After that, I managed to change the battery in my dive computer. You see, sometimes dive centers offer that service and they charge ridiculous money for it. I’m talking like 20-40 EUR easy. Now, this guy in this tiny shop in Los Cris did it for 4.80 EUR and shit works like a charm. Kudos, old man! 

I picked my friend up at her spot and we drove to Abades to do the dives. I met with a friend running a dive shop over there and it was a great hangout. Almost no wind, lotta sun, good vibes, turtles and rays under water, some beers afterwards. Later in the afternoon we went back to Cristianos to do some shopping in the Chinese store. I had never been there before and I’m really happy I’m aware of it now. They have homemade tofu, they have all kinds of noodles and cheap veggies I haven’t seen since Shanghai… It’s a great supplement to Mercadonas and all the local supermarkets. We ended up at my place cooking some delicious Asian dishes, drinking whiskey and wine and overall having a good time. When we got ourselves stuffed, we watched the Lego Movie. And I totally fell asleep watching that. When I woke up for the subtitles, I drove my friend back home and concluded the Christmas Eve. 

 

I spent yesterday working out, walking around the hills and lying on a beach listening to some new tunes. In the evening I met up with my diver friend for some drinks and then for another movie at mine’s. And yet again, we both were falling asleep while watching it. I actually don’t mind sleeping throughout movies but last week I totally did more of that than usual. 

 

I slept pretty well today, after some time I have a full day off… Like literally zero classes… And I’m not entirely sure what I’m gonna do with it. Something’s gonna pop out for sure. I want to send shout out to all of my people. Lately I’ve been thinking about reaching out to some people from my past just to check up on them. So maybe I’ll do some of that too. It’s all love tho. One! 

 


Highlights:

  • Diving.
  • The watch guy.
  • Casablanca.

No comments:

Post a Comment