Monday, January 3, 2022

Semester 11 Chapter XVIII: Whole Lotta Something

Okay, 2022 on deck. Socially, politically and economically, the expectation are at the all time low. Plus we got this covid still. So that’s that. Personally, I am kinda excited about some things tho. I’m pretty sure I’ll get so see some people I haven’t seen since Shanghai somewhere down the road, I’m curious about what my Tenerife life turns out to be and I’m happy about my family visiting soon. I also prolonged my membership with PADI so I will stay active with both them and SSI. Gonna give this diving one more go. The industry is full of crooks and idiots who have zero idea on how to conduct business (taking advantage of the fact mothertfuckers are often willing to do this for close to nothing) and zero idea on how to communicate with people (yes, you know exactly who you are) but the activity itself is the shit and here and there you meet some people who keep your hope alive. I don’t need diving as a job, I just really want it, and I want to believe it’s doable without all the drama and headache. 


Let me get on my appreciation shit tho. So 2021… Thank you to all my people. Family, bros, sisters, friends… So much love back and forth. We’re still coming strong. And it makes me happy as fuck. Special shout out to my sister. Watching her operate makes me respect her more and more every passing day for the past like forever. Shout out to all the new people I met. Some came and went, some might stay for a minute. But there’s definitely moments I’m keeping. Shout out to all the spineless snakes I ran into as well… You see, the older I get, the more I realize, there’s really no Ls. There’s only lessons. I’m good, I’m chilling, I’m authentic enough not to go crazy when I look in the mirror in the morning. Not sure what the fuck y’all doing. Wish you the best regardless! Shout out to all my students and all the divers I had the pleasure spending some time with. The fact my name is forever on so many people’s certifications as the gateway guy to this thing feels great. And one more time for my gang gang. You know what time it is, you know what we’re doing and you know this shit is here to stay. It’s all love! 

 

Okay last week… I did a lot. I spent quite some time with my UK friend. We went to the movies to catch the new Spiderman (not bad), we did a hike in Puertito de Gumar which was super nice. We also did some diving. Once in El Tablado and then a New Year’s Eve one in Las Eras. Same as last year. Just to rub the Buddha’s belly. We met up in the evening again to make some Chinese dumplings. I was really just helping out but the outcome was on point. Hadn’t had these since China. After those and some drinks, we went to Costa Del Silencio for the midnight drink. Initially, we were aiming at 33 Vueltas but since they were closed for whatever reason, we ended up at Black Sheep where I had my 2021/2022 Leffe. Afterwards, I drove my friend home and made it back around 1am. Not a crazy night but who needs crazy when the vibes are right. 

 

What else, I went snorkeling with the dive center I used to dive with over here previously. Since they don’t really give me any dives anymore, since we don’t really communicate and since I’m not really feeling any of that, I’m pretty sure my days with them are over. Never say never, it’s just really what it feels like now. I went to check couple of other dive centers and today, I already led a dive with a different one. This Finnish couple went for a fun dive and another Finish girl, who is doing her Divemaster internship, joined us to assist. We went to Abades and it went super smooth. Perfect weather, no wind, nice visibility, some rays, some cuttlefish… Happy days. Oh, and I recently picked up a baby seat for my car. Getting ready for my sis to visit; that’s happening in 10 days. 

 

Outside of that, it’s been the same old. Some movies, lotta music, some workouts. Whole lotta rap. Yesterday, I got myself a haircut… Shit’s proper. Hope your 2022 has started in a nice fashion and let’s make this motherfucker count. We can all start just by being nicer to one another, right? We are human after all. One!


Highlights:

  • All the time with my UK friend.
  • The hike.
  • The New Year’s dinner.


No comments:

Post a Comment