Monday, January 17, 2022

Semester 11 Chapter XX: Catching Vibes

Hey y’all, it’s Sunday again and that can only mean one thing. We’re back at this. New FKA Twigs in the headphones, fucking calima all over the island… I’m quite pleasantly tired but before I park it to the bed, I’m gonna share some of the moments form this past week. 



It’s been a lot of diving. Monday, I did two day of fun diving in Marazul, I did a whole Rescue Course in Abades and I started a Deep Diver course back in Marazul on Friday. All of that shit was enjoyable and I love the fact I’m getting pretty interesting gigs. On the sad note, I’ve witnessed a fatal accident while in Abades. When we were throwing gear back into the van on Thursday, I saw a fellow instructor from another dive shop rushing to their van to grab their first aid kit and then speeding back to beach. I ran after him to see if there’s anything I can help with. The whole shit was very well organized, there were already at least 5 people assisting and the ambulance was on their way. Oxygen was applied and there was a girl performing CPR for the whole time before it came. The fact that the guy wasn’t responsive the whole time didn’t seem promising and later on I found out he didn’t make it. I can only guess here but I’m pretty sure it was a heart attack. Diving is super safe and fucked up shit always happens either because people push the limits or because they are not physically fit. From what I’ve seen, I would bet on the latter. My thoughts are with everyone affected by it tho. It was heavy. 



Well… The good thing is, my sister, her fiancee and the nephew have arrived. I picked them up Thursday evening at the airport and drove them to Medano. I managed to pick up keys from their place beforehand so the actual settling in was smooth as fuck. Ever since then, we’ve been hanging out quite a lot. Mostly in Medano but today, we did a great trip to Santa Cruz along with my diver friend. We explored a bit of the town and it made me think I should drive there once in a while to get a bit of that city vibe. It’s lovely. I also introduced them to my people over there, the vibes have been on point. 


Overall, I’ve been extremely social. With my UK friend (some cookouts and movies), with my diver friend (an awesome hike on Saturday and some cool ass evenings) and I even managed to see my Lithuanian friend who got to the island for couple of days. Totally on some social butterfly shit over here. 

 

The only fucked up thing about the week is this calima thing. It happens in Canaries once in a while and it’s basically sand from Sahara covering the whole island. It usually comes with heavy wind so you got that plus crazy waves plus zero visibility both out and in water plus terrible air quality. Which means no diving. Which means I haven’t been able to start the course with my sis yet. And the forecast for the next couple of days look shit too. Let’s hope for the best tho… 

 

So yeah, doesn’t seem like I’m gonna dive the following days but I’ll have more time to chill with my loved ones and to finish some work I have been postponing for a while. Everything is good and I hope you guys are doing well too. No matter what, don’t entertain bullshit and keep shit positive. One! 

 

Highlights:

  • My sis here.
  • The hike.
  • All the miles in the car. I’ve been driving like crazy lately.

No comments:

Post a Comment