Hey y’all. It’s that time of the week again and you already know what this is. Shanghai Czech-in back in this motherfucker! Vibes are still aight, energy levels are good, it’s Sunday night and finally made it back home. This past week was rather eventful so let me get right to it…
I have been diving quite a lot. I did a dive for the new dive center on Monday and then I did 4 diving days for the old one. I was approached by them and after giving it some thought (and discussing it with some people whose opinion I respect), I decided to give it a go. The dives weren’t anything special. Finishing an Open Water course, doing some try dives… The most enjoyable was the one I did today. I got this Irish dude and we went to Las Eras for a fun dive. Even though the conditions weren’t amazing, visibility was mediocre and current was strong, it ended up being a pretty nice thing. We had a good talk and the challenge in the water was actually enjoyable. I’m kinda happy I’m back in water this frequent… Both because I love it and also because it’s some extra pocket change. All good.
I also spent some more time with my UK friend. We did a dinner at my place once more after which we watched the original Matrix. See, we decided to catch the new one in the movies on Friday so we wanted to recollect the classic beforehand. As for the new one, let me put it like this. Did the original Matrix need any of the sequels? Fuck no. Are they as horrible as people say they are? I don’t really think so… The thing is… When they announced the new one, everybody got excited. And my question is: What exactly did you guys expect? Where were they supposed to go for you to be happy about it? All I’m trying to say, I’m giving the movie some credit for being somewhat self-reflexive, being able to make fun of itself and approaching the whole thing from an angle that was neither obvious nor expected. Again, world could survive without it in the first place, but it wasn’t that bad. Just my two cents.
I also did a really nice hike with the girl on Saturday. She texted me in the morning suggesting Chyniero Volcano Loop somewhere up north so I jumped in my car, picked her up and off we went. I don’t really think I had taken my car that high up before but it managed. The hike itself was super nice, easy and convenient. And the views were spectacular. We stopped by at this nice restaurant for a beer on the way back and we wrapped up the whole day with some ice cream in Los Cris.
What else… I caught up with my diver friend too. We met up for some chat and movie. We watched Don’t Look Up (my second go on this one) and it made me double down on my initial opinion. The movie is good. I understand that it’s quite obvious and straightforward but if you realize that we live in the world where motherfuckers like Trupm, Jobs, Bezos and whole lotta other pieces of shit actually exist (I mean for real, they are real people with ridiculous resources and power) and being celebrated whereas scientists with some actual data and solutions are being neglected or ridiculed, you realize two things. One, political satire is dead. And two, it is probably time to keep on repeating the simplest messages. So yeah, the asteroid is climate change, Streep is Trump, blah blah blah. But it’s good to repeat that blah blah blah cause it’s kind of an important one. Plus that shit is real fun. That thing with the general selling free shit in the white house is hysterical.
I haven’t really had too much classes as many of my students were still on the winter vacay but since I had more diving, I didn’t really mind. More time to do some other work, more time to catch up with some of my loved ones, more time to chill. Hope you guys are well too. Shout to all my readers. One!
Highlights:
- The hike.
- The dives.
- The Matrix.
No comments:
Post a Comment