Sunday, May 8, 2022

Semester 12 Chapter IX: Grateful

What’s up y’all. I decided that this time I’m gonna start on a positive note. In the midst of all the nonsense happening all over the world, sometimes I forget about all the beautiful shit. It’s the most basic thing, but sometimes you just gotta slow down, take a deep breath and appreciate the moment. So yeah, I feel grateful for being able to do this. Life, I guess. I’m grateful for navigating the way I do. Today I went on a boat dive and while we were cruising around the island I was like… Damn. It’s pretty fucking cool I do this. I’m grateful for being healthy and in a shape allowing me to do whatever the fuck I wanna do physically. I’m grateful for being as deep in music as I am. I’m grateful for being as deep in diving as I am. I’m grateful for my energy and karma feeling right. I’m grateful for all the people that are cemented in my life. I’m grateful for my family. This whole shit can get painful and confusing but it’s fucking surreal we get to experience this and there’s so much beauty to create or live through. Lord knows sometimes I’m on the verge of going full cynical but I try my hardest not to. I know that all the shit I got is pretty dope, I know for a fact many don’t really have it like that, and I’m perfectly content with the motherfucker in the mirror. And I’m grateful for that too. So yeah, after some time I just felt it’s only right to say this and to give thanks to everyone on the same frequency. I live for this.




Okay, back to thing. Lately, I’ve been kinda retreating into my zone. There’s not that many people to hang out with over here and I’m perfectly fine with that. I’ve been focusing on work quite a lot, getting some new classes, working on getting my rates up… And diving. I’m doing an Open Water course these days with this girl from Malaysia and today I did a first dive of a wreck course with this Italian dude. All good with that. 

 
 
 
Last Sunday, me and my diver friend went to El Medano to climb couple of hills by the sea north of it. The views were spectacular, the hike was awesome, the vibe was good and we even ran ito some big ass abandoned satellite which looks like some sort of Burning Man installation. We flushed it all down with some beer downtown. Plus the infamous ice cream. Happy days.
 


 
Tenerife has been getting warmer. It’s still not full blown summer but we’re getting there. Oh, and yesterday when I was leaving a diving location with a van I hit this car’s rear view mirror. See, before we finished all the diving, the spot got so packed with cars, it was virtually impossible to get out of there. While I was leaving that place, I had this dude running after me notifying me of that and after some screaming on his end, I left a phone number and all the info. Shit is insured, all is good. But yeah, I guess you can add a minor accident on my resume. 
 
 
I kinda feel that life and diving have some similarities. I always tell people… If shit feels too difficult, if you feel like you have to struggle too much or if you feel shit gets too uncomfortable, take a step back, breathe in, breathe out and take it from there. It’s not always easy to stay positive throughout these times but it’s all there. I’ve also recorded some reference tracks last week. It’s funny recording vocals on my headset but it does the job. Gonna re-record everything once back in Brno. Hope you guys are doing well, sending healing energy to everyone who needs it and sending love to all the people who feel whatever I feel. One!
 

Highlights:

  • Diving.
  • Music.
  • My people.

No comments:

Post a Comment