Okay, I’m a hip-hop head. It’s difficult to explain how much this shit means to me. Granted, I’m a white boy from the Czech Republic but when I jumped in this game as a teenager, I straight up drowned in it. It means everything to me. From scribbling my little raps here and there to getting lost in all the music to eventually finding my frequency and place in it… I still remember falling in love with it as a kid. It’s okay to be fucked up, it’s okay to be in pain, it’s okay to be the black sheep, it’s okay to fight back, it’s okay to be cocky sometimes, it’s okay to act and look however the fuck you like. And it’s totally fine to stand behind it unapologeticly. Head up, chest out, middle finger ready in your pocket just in case. I still remember that shit changing my life back in the day. I’m as much Czech as I am hip-hop, that’s for sure. And I’m in for all of it. I like the lyricists, I like all the trap shit, I like that soul shit… Now, once in a while you get albums that are really fucking good. Albums that make you stop and rewind couple of times to fully appreciate what the fuck you’ve just listened to. And few times in a lifetime you get what Kendrick Lamar just did. The soul, the groove, the lyricism, the cadences, the delivery, the instrumentals, the vulnerability, the messages, the empowerment, the ugliness, the beauty, the struggle, the love, the violence, the family shit… Took him 5 years to come up with a new record and now it’s absolutely clear why. This is the album. And I know it’s too fresh but this is one of those. I feel extremely grateful for that guy for doing what he does. All of his previous albums are classics but this one might be his very best. Hands down.
Okay, now this thing. Life in Tenerife has been good to me. I’m really just caving in trying to plan out my next steps. Got some vague ideas running through my brain… We’ll see where do we land. I finished an Open Water course on Monday and then I did an Advanced on Friday and Saturday plus I finished a Wreck specialty today. Some dope diving. The absolute highlight was a dive in Abades which is now packed with rays. Watching those creatures just chilling in the sand feels so peaceful. You can see the bodies inhaling and exhaling… Kinda funny they breathe water. On the way back on our second dive there we ran into these two turtles and one of them joined us for like 15 minutes. For a moment I was vibing out with it. We were swimming side by side, copying each others pace… Shit was beautiful. The boat dives we did were great too.
On top of that I kept myself busy with teaching, working out and some walks and running. You know… Keeping shit healthy. Thursday, I drove down to Costa Adeje to get a haircut with my guy. Arrived a bit earlier to walk around the area and grab a beer with some sea view. I’ve also been in touch with my people some of whom I might see quite soon.
It’s Sunday evening, I just finished a cup of tea, got Kendrick in my headphones once again and I feel comfortably tired. Did 3 deep dives today. And man, I was fucking on. Everything during those was going left. My guy fucked his fin which I managed to fix, then his LPG hose blew up…. Which I also managed to deal with… And then his o-ring went missing. Which I also replaced. Fucking hell. Anyways… Sending some love to everybody reading and hugs to all my people I don’t see as often as I should. We’ll get there. One!
Highlights:
- Kendrick.
- Diving.
- An interview with this Czech pro-life homophobic brainless psycho. My jaws dropped for real. So let me take this opportunity to issue a sincere “fuck you” to all you ass-backwards idiots. And it comes straight from my heart.








No comments:
Post a Comment