Sunday, October 9, 2022

Semester 13 Chapter VI: New Classes

Okay, here we go again. Another Sunday morning, some new music on deck, another beautiful day outside. Shit’s looking good. Let me start with Kanye. I’m really thinking it might be time to cancel that guy. His latest “white lives matter” t-shirt stunt is just… I mean… This guys has an enormous platform, he’s arguably one of the richest people on the planet and he has without a doubt produced some of best hip-hop we’ve ever seen. But he’s out of it. He just got it all wrong. And watching some of these interviews, I feel I understand where he’s coming from and what he thinks he’s doing, but that ain’t it. He thinks he’s for the people, he thinks he’s pro-black, he thinks he’s pro-freedom. But somehow he managed to become pretty much the opposite. Being all for people while accumulating crazy wealth within this capitalism system, being all pro-black while supporting Trump and wearing MAGA hat and WLM shirts, being all pro-freedom while trying to prevent women access to abortion… He’s got it all fucked up. Unfortunately, his platform (granted, built on very legit basis) is big enough for his insanity and ego to go completely bonkers. And whereas it’s pretty entertaining watching somebody going this ape-shit on mainstream media, it’s getting kinda dangerous. Cause yeah, I can call women bitches arguing that it’s freedom of speech and I don’t really mean it like that because everybody kinda knows that people call each other names and it’s just an expression and everybody knows what the truth is. But that totally doesn’t mean that I’m not hurting whole lotta people on the way and that I even might be doing more harm than good. Which is something he tends to ignore. I don’t necessarily thing he’s coming from a malicious place, I just think his whole shit is so clouded by narcissism, he’s no longer capable of critical thinking. And man… My Beautiful Dark Twisted Fantasy, 808s, Yeezus… The guys has classics. But as time goes by, we might really consider just canceling him. And I’m honestly curious what the hip-hop community reaction is in the following weeks. It’s bad. 

 

Okay, what we’re doing here. Last week was a whole lotta diving. I did some DSDs, I did some fun diving in Abades and I did a boat dive by Palm-Mar Wall after some time. Feeling good over here. Still enjoying the shit outta diving, still vibing very well with people. Happy days. 

 

I also went out with my diving friend at one point, hung out with another friend of mine in Los Cristianos and even met up with some friends from the Czech Republic who came to the island recently. On my standards, a pretty eventful week. Apart from that, I had a chance to catch up with some of my people online. The usual. 

 

I got a bit more classes to teach and it’s all going super smooth. At this point, it’s really going super smooth. I feel happy for doing something I’m really good at and I also really enjoy. Plus it feels good being a bit more busy. I’m still on my workouts and runs too. Today, I’m about to do some chilled Sunday activities with a friend. Finally a day off. Hope everybody is doing well, hope you keep the negativity out your lives, hope your spirits are high. One!


Highlights:

  • Diving.
  • Hangouts.
  • New classes.

No comments:

Post a Comment