Some time ago, I would have never guessed that within few years I’ll find two separate reasons to visit Vilnius. First time, I got there about 3 and a half years ago to visit my peers from the Shanghainese gang and I had a fucking blast. Weather was great, we did some road trips around the country, we explored the city… I even managed to start a relationship for fucks sake. Which eventually led me to Indonesia. Which eventually led me to diving. Which eventually led me to meet the girls I ended up visiting this time. Talk about the butterfly effect, right? Well, this time I went out to visit a friend who came to spend some time with me in Tenerife over the New Year’s. I met her sister through diving about a year ago and I was fortunate enough to catch both in Vilnius on this trip.
The bus ride over there was a bit better than expected. Shit’s like 17 hours but it’s directly to Brno and buses are generally much more comfortable than these low-budget airlines. Plus the whole environmentalism, veganism and shit like that. Makes no sense flying these kinda distances if there’s a feasible alternative. I made it to Vilnius Sunday early morning. And after that it was just pleasant.
Weather was kinda what you’d expect it to be this time a year. Temperatures around zero, sometimes damp, sometimes icy… Not very welcoming (with the exception of one beautiful sunny day). But good enough to wander around the city, check some cafes, galleries, bars and clubs. And that’s pretty much what we were doing. We went to a live music performance to this gallery on Wednesday and we went to a reggae club on Friday. I didn’t cancel any of my classes so I worked as usual. Overall, it felt like a perfect combination of catching up, work, culture and having a good time outside.
After about a week, the ladies escorted me to the bus station, we got a goodbye beer and off I went. Sitting a bus once again, got nearly 12 hours ahead of me and then it’s back to Brno for couple of days. And then Amsterdam comes. February has been an eventful month. Anyways… Feeling great about this whole trip, it was definitely good to be back. Some of these places really took me down the memory lane. Well, I’m somewhere in Poland at the moment, got Kojey Radical in the headphones and I guess I’ll try to get some sleep sometime soon. Hope everybody’s doing well. Stay safe, stay positive and don’t entertain bullshit. One!
Highlights:
- The whole Vilnius thing.
- Culture.
- Live
music. Special shout out to UltraFlex. Their show was bomb.

























No comments:
Post a Comment