What’s up y’all. It has finally happened. For the first time since covid I got my ass out of Europe, and for the very first time ever I’m in Canada. Nine-hour time difference, long ass flight, different climate… Just like the good old days. As I got some of my favorite people living here, this was bound to happen for a while. About 6 months ago, we finally sat down, set the dates, I got the tickets and now we’re here.
Last week in the Czech Republic was pretty good. I spent a lotta time with my sis over the week and on Friday, we both went to Prague for the weekend. She wanted to spend some time with one of her closest friends (whom I also had a pleasure to meet) and I went to do another tattoo on my head. Priorities. This time the whole session was much shorter, the outcome is beautiful and we set another one shortly after my arrival back from over here. Made it to Brno Sunday afternoon, enjoyed dinner with my sis and dad at her place (we got some awesome pizza from Pizza Punk), slept on a couch and the following morning I was on my was to the bus station.
The first part of journey was delays on delays. The bus got delayed by 40 minutes which was fine because there was a pretty solid reserve. However the first plane to Frankfurt stacked up good 45 minutes before even taking off. Which wouldn’t have been a problem under normal circumstances. However, since I had about 80 minutes to transfer initially, at one point I was slowly starting to accept the fact that I might have to spend some time in Germany before they sort it out. Halfway thought the flight, I spoke to one of the cabin crew, he checked my situation in the system and didn’t seem to feel very optimistic about the chances. He did sat me in the business section by the end of the flight tho, so would’t lose additional 15 minutes waiting for people to fuck off before storming out of the aircraft. Which was exactly what I did. It had to be about 2km of sprinting. In the end, I did make it to the gate in time tho. After that it was easy. 9 hours in the air, some decent food, lotta tomato juice (honestly, I only drink that shit on planes) some blockbuster movies. All the usual.
I made it over here in the afternoon (= late night at home), hopped on a train, went to the Waterfront station and met up with my friend. The people I’m staying with are the same guys I went to the Malaysian trip couple years back and since I know they both read this blog nearly religiously, I would like to say that they are like the two best people who ever walked the face of Earth. I see you. We hopped on a ferry (the call that shit seabus because why not) and made it to North Vancouver. Oh, and it was like 13 degrees and it was raining. For couple of seconds, it got me thinking… What the fuck have I done. Weather was shit the whole day so we just got out for a beer in the evening. Beer over here costs easily around 10 dollars (or more) and if you come with Czech money, you quickly realize it doesn’t really mean much. At least when it comes to restaurants and bars. Supermarkets and veggie shops seem pretty reasonable.
This was two days ago. Yesterday, I spent the morning inside working and catching up with some of my people. In the afternoon, I took a walk around the area. It resembles the States quite a lot. Spread out residential areas with a disturbing amount of big-ass SUVs. Not the friendliest for cyclists, not too much going on culturally. At least not in this part of town. I did manage to get some groceries, walk through some parks and enjoy some fresh air. That’s a good thing here. When you look north, you see mountains just on the edge of the city. It’s all right there. In the evening, when my people got back from work, we hopped in the car and went to this forest park nearby and spent some time over there. It was apparently a taste of what British Columbia has to offer. And it was beautiful. The woods, the river, salmons, otters. It wasn’t raining anymore, temperature was higher and it looks like we’re going only up from now on.
For the first time ever, I’m also experimenting with doing my job in a completely different time zone. One-hour difference in Tenerife is a fucking walk in a park compared to this thing. I tried to move things around a bit but I still work quite a lot at nights an early mornings. Which is not necessarily a problem, I feel like I can handle this. It definitely changes the whole routine tho.
So yeah, we’re in the middle of the week, there are some plans pending for the next weekend, it is early morning and I’m basically done with work for the most of the day (as I worked most of the night). Hope everyone’s safe and sound. Sending some love to everybody reading. One!
Highlights:
- Tattoos.
- Canada.
- That little otter having a blast by the river.









No comments:
Post a Comment