Tuesday, June 6, 2023

Semester 14 Chapter XVIII: Czech-in

Hello world, here we go again. This time with one day delay. The last week was pretty fucking epic to be honest. Again, I rarely have an opportunity to show my city/country to someone who’s not familiar with it, but it’s always fun when I do. And last week, we explored parts of the country I don’t usually go. First things first tho.

 




Monday and Tuesday were still pretty much working days for me. And so was Wednesday morning. However, then it was straight to holiday mode. We spent two nights in Pálava, a pretty picturesque part of Moravia close to the Austrian border. It was walks, talks, some good food and wine, and also a pretty nice accommodation which I got through my sis’ friend. The weather was perfect, the views were spectacular, the vibes were great. And it was so peaceful. Weekdays, small villages, blue sky, fresh air… Since I borrowed a car from my dad’s gf, we even managed to spend the first afternoon in the town of Mikulov. Also hadn’t been there in a while. Wanna give a special shout out to VeggieDick, an awesome (and only) 100% vegan restaurant over there. Some delicious shit.




Friday, we drove back to Brno and later on took a train to Prague. That was also cool. Spent the first even wandering around the city center enjoying drinks and views, eventually wrapping it up in a park with my bro and his gf at whose place we crashed for the night. The next day was some serious walking around. City center, Petřín, the Castle, Vinohrady, Žižkov… About 20km in total on foot; no public transport whatsoever. This time I’m shouting out Bistro Střecha and Moment. Some of my favorite vegan joints over there. Still on point. We took a train back to Brno later in the evening and then spent most of Sunday chilling, wandering around and visiting my dad in his pub for some beers. Afterwards, it was one last doggo walk and that was that.

 




This morning, I walked my girl back to the bus station and then I basically slid back to my regular routine. Did some pull-ups, did some sit-ups, meditated, went for a run… All the good shit. After I finished my work, I met up with a friend and we did a bike ride to Bílovice, a small town close to Brno. It’s one of my favorite rides and it felt good doing it after some time. Oh, and I also decided to clean my shit up a little. From now on, I’m off alcohol. Haven’t set an expiration date on this, I’ll see how it goes. Wanna go at least a month or two but I might just stay on it if I like it. It’s something I wanted to try out for a while and now, with one of my best friend pushing it, it feels like a good time. And yeah, I believe that’s it. Hope everyone’s safe and sound. Keep it positive, surround yourself with good energy and don’t entertain bullshit. Sending love to everybody out there. One!


Highlights:

  • Pálava.
  • Prague.
  • Cycling again.

No comments:

Post a Comment