Monday, October 23, 2023

Semester 15 Chapter VIII: 32 Meters Deep

Yo, what’s crackin? Here we go again. Sunday afternoon, fresh off the ocean, feeling good. See, every time I get into my sea mode, I always start to question whether this life isn’t for me after all. All the freedom, all the crystal blue salty water, all the roads between these small towns and villages… And I know the answer too. The fuck no. I clearly remember how bored I was in this place about a year ago with my social life hanging between non-existing and dating apps (where, obviously, you don’t really meet too many people of your tribe because those live in cities). So I don’t really get this confused. Not sure if I’m not the right type of person or if I’m not in the right type of life stage yet. There are people who love this shit. There are people who are happy just being here, breathing the fresh air with their feet in the sand. They don’t need all the city madness, chaos, clubs, culture, weirdos… Life can be fucking easy here. It’s just that me being from a medium sized town (or a very small city; depending on how you look at it) and spending some of my best years in Shanghai, life in a place like this can get fucking suffocating. And don’t get me wrong, now I’m living my best life. I’m here for couple of weeks, I’m enjoying some time by myself for a change… Shit, I even met some new people I’m excited to see again after I’m outta here… And who knows, maybe one day I’ll just pack my shit once more and move my ass to some ocean village for good…

 


Last week tho. Let me preface this by saying I’m almost never sick (knock on wood). I don’t really take any medication or painkillers ever (still not fucking sure how I feel about making an exception and getting vaccinated for COVID but let’s leave this for later), I eat healthy, I exercise, my organism is generally good to me. So last Tuesday I do my workout, I get home, I eat my lunch… And I get this weird feeling in my stomach. Which happens, right… Sometimes you eat too much, sometimes you don’t have the best day. I still go for a swim and then for a coffee to this cafeteria around the corner. With a book. That whole adventure got concluded with me hugging the toilet seat, thoroughly emptying content of my stomach. Repeatedly. I still managed to work later that day but I did a lovely round 2 of that shit in the evening. Pretty sure this was the first time something like that happening to me ever. Luckily, it was better the next day and after 2 days of eating white bread, plain rice and dark chocolate, and drinking black tea, I was back to normal. What a ride tho.

 




So I was ready for the weekend. And I spent it all diving. Two boat dives by Palm Mar Wall every day. 32 meters deep, eels, rays, angel sharks. So happy I’m back in water. Good hangouts, good talks, all perfect. Gonna try to get wet couple more times before I go.

 




Outside of that, I keep all my shit in place. Work, workout, runs… One day I climbed Montaňa Roja just by Medano. I believe this was my third time up there. Still fucking beautiful. I also had a chance to do a pretty cool hangout at the beach on Thursday. Good vibes. So yeah, all is going well. Been 3 weeks since I arrived and I got a bit less than to go. And I’m sure it’s gonna be fun. Hope y’all enjoying your October too. Shout out to all my readers. One!

 


Highlights:

  • Diving.
  • Stomach issues.
  • Lose spirits.

No comments:

Post a Comment